To sail, explore, learn and enjoy.

05 October 2013 | Mallorca now enroute to Valencia
11 August 2013 | South West Sardinian Coast
23 July 2013 | Calasetta
13 July 2013 | Cagliari
01 July 2013 | Sardinia to Corsica and back to the Maddalenas
13 June 2013 | Golfo di Cugnana, Maddalenas
07 June 2013 | Porte Conte, Northern Sardinia, Italy
25 November 2012 | Cagliari, Sardinia
11 October 2012 | from Greece to Mallorca
20 September 2012 | Gulf of Messinia
17 September 2012 | Kalamata around to Pilos and back
17 September 2012 | bottom of the Peloponese
27 August 2012 | Leonidhion, Kiparissi, Ieraka and Momevasia, Peloponese
20 August 2012 | Kea, Epidaurus, Poros, Ydra, Dhokos and Navplion
08 August 2012 | Karistos
26 July 2012 | Limni
07 July 2012 | Halkidiki to the Sporades
30 June 2012 | From Lesbos to Limnos to Halkidiki
14 June 2012 | mitilini
07 June 2012 | samos to ikaria to chios to lesbos

Mazarron

16 August 2010 | Fright Nights
Friday 15th August
Fret not Tickle Tim I'm back.... Hope the plaster is coming off you....
Brett, Murray and Jermaine held a couple of meetings and Jermaine announced that he could swing both ways so we glossed over that and decided to head out anyway. After an hour of bashing we turned back and regained Garrucha (on a buoy this time!) Just aswell cos the wind picked up and it lashed it down after supper... Our first storm. Good safe harbour even if we did get told off by the security man!

Saturday 16th August
Up early to leave Garrucha again.... (what a difference a day makes, 24 little hours from the sun and the flowers where there used to be rain!) Motor sailed cos it was still on the nose (I keep telling him about that booger!) Got to Aquilas and Anchored in the harbour to find it was Fiesta del Assumption.
(But what was assumed?... apparently the Virgin Mary!) Went snorkelling around some rocks with Jane until we got reprimanded by the Beach patrol. Very Spanish resort...with a castillo on the promontory and a windmill plus deserted beaches between 2 - 5pm. Boats started arriving for the fireworks and suddenly in the dark the police arrived and tried to move everyone... Boats were moving backwards rafted up. It was pandemonium... We stayed put then realised half way through the display that the reason was cos there was some right behind us.... We were so close (everyone else had moved!)
So where there were oooos and ahhhs! There were also shrieks verging on hysteria from Pleiades.
Amazing display but quite glad when it finished...

Sunday 15th August
Lovely sail in 15 knots of breeze from Aguilas (and the firework detritus) to Mazzaron. Realise I haven't said much about the scenery. Well the pretty mountains are still there in the background and we still have resorts and greenhouses along the sea. Moored alongside a wall next to the port bar... Very civilised. Marina right on the front. Still very Spanish but starting to hear a few English voices sadly (sorry to denigrate your subjects Liz but you know what I mean I'm sure) ...Dinner treat on Jasp. Back at the boat Friday got stuck up a palm tree and then fell out, bouncing off me.
Comments
Vessel Name: Pleiades
Vessel Make/Model: Bowman Talisman 50
Hailing Port: Southampton
Crew: Martyn & Linda Jenkins
About: Friday and Wilson putytats And other reprobates along the way. Sign up here

Who: Martyn & Linda Jenkins
Port: Southampton