Voyages of SV Ponderosa

12 October 2012 | Shilshole Bay Marina
10 September 2012 | Port Ludlow
13 August 2012 | Roche Harbor
09 August 2012 | Puget Sound
06 August 2012 | Newport OR
20 July 2012 | Bodega Bay
16 July 2012 | Port San Luis
15 July 2012 | Santa Barbara
12 July 2012 | Ventura
09 July 2012 | Marina del Rey
07 July 2012 | Mission Bay, Oceanside, Newport Beach
01 July 2012 | San Diego
18 June 2012 | San Diego
16 June 2012 | Turtle Bay to San Diego
12 June 2012 | Turtle Bay
12 June 2012 | Bahia Asuncion'
12 June 2012 | Santa Maria to Abreojos
07 June 2012 | Magdalena Bay to Bahia Santa Maria
03 June 2012 | Cabo San Lucas to Magdalene Bay

Eye candy on the beaches

15 July 2012 | Santa Barbara
Sherry
July 13 – 14, 2012: We had an uneventful 25 mile trip to Santa Barbara that included no seasickness. Going out to sea after a bad passage is like having to get back on the horse that has thrown you. So far so good, one day down with hopes of surviving the rest of the trip.

After spending the afternoon looking at weather and swell conditions we decided two nights in Santa Barbara would definitely insure us a good anchorage at Coho and a calm rounding of Point Conception. Geez two days in this lovely city … I had to suffer and go out to dinner while enjoying the sights of the harbor.

Saturday I spent the time cooking up some more breakfast meals and stocking our basket of grab food we eat while on passage. It sure helps mentally and physically to know we will eat well but I don’t have go below and cook. Just open the oven and pop in the premade dish to warm up. Bob spent a couple of hours walking along the waterfront taking in all the “eye candy”. Believe me there were plenty to see since it was a weekend.

We are now back in the states just about a month and encountered problems with one of credit cards. It got denied when trying to pay for our dinner out in Ventura. A quick phone call to the bank indicated a vendor’s system got compromised that we had used and the bank shut down all further activity on our card. That’s fine except for the part that the bank failed to notify us. This particular card is used for automatic payments and now we have to change the card number on file … small problem here, the new cards are being shipped to our box in Ballard, WA. We had notified our banks we are on travel status and will be using our cards traveling up the coast. Thankfully we have other cards to use while moving north.

Santa Barbara 34° 24.401N 119° 41.334W
Comments
Vessel Name: PONDEROSA
Vessel Make/Model: Valiant
Hailing Port: Issaquah, WA
Crew: Bob Custer & Sherry Heen
Home Page: www.sailblogs.com/member/ponderosavoyages

Ponderosa Voyages

Who: Bob Custer & Sherry Heen
Port: Issaquah, WA