Por Dos

Family cruising in a Catamaran

16 December 2017 | Brisbane
04 November 2015 | Brisbane, Australia
30 October 2015 | Isle de Pines, Noumea, New Caledonia
08 October 2015 | Tanna, Vanuatu
01 October 2015 | Viti Levu, Mololo, Fiji
21 September 2015 | Namena, Musket Cove Malolo, Vuda Point Viti Levu, Fiji
12 September 2015 | Vanua Levu and Taveuni, Fiji
02 September 2015 | Tonga
13 August 2015 | Suwarrow, Cook Islands
25 July 2015 | Tahaa, Bora Bora and Maupiti French Polynesia
17 June 2015 | Tahiti & Moorea, French Polynesia
16 June 2015 | Fakarava, Tuamotu Islands, French Polynesia
06 June 2015 | Tahanea, Tuamotu Islands, French Polynesia
01 June 2015 | Raiatea, Tuamotu Islands, French Polynesia
28 May 2015 | Taiohae Bay, Nuku Hiva, Marquesas Islands, French Polynesia
12 May 2015 | Taiohae Bay, Nuku Hiva, Marquesas Islands, French Polynesia
26 April 2015 | Academy Bay, Puerto Ayora, Santa Cruz, Islas Galapagos, Ecuador
13 April 2015 | Panama to Galapagos
07 April 2015 | Balboa, Panama
31 March 2015 | Colon, Panama

The Island

28 July 2012 | Pulpit Harbor, North Haven Island, ME
Andrew Rojnuckarin
Hello! some of you may not know me becuase I am not an “all-time” boat person but here’s my story. We visited Alec and Roan’s boat over the weekend and we went onto an island sometime around 2:00 on Sunday [Editor - Andrew sounds like a cruiser as he is already confusing the days - it was actually Saturday]. First, we walked to a super market to grab some groceries and Alec Roan and I were rewarded with 3 entire cartridges of raspberries that were engulfed in the next 4 or 5 seconds. We also bought a box of blueberries for as to share and they were TINY! Apparently they where “wild Maine blueberries” and if that is code for “itsy-bitsy baby blueberries” then we came to the right place. They were Like this big "o" (Maine blueberry) compared to the Massachusetts blueberry that I am used to "O" (Massachusetts blueberry). Then, we walked for EVER (well, actually only 2 miles there and back but it felt like AGES with the sun beating down on your face and the flies buzzing around your head) anyways, we came across a oyster farm which sells oysters for $10 per dozen and of course I was really excited because I LOVE oysters. Apparently my friends never have tried oysters and turn out Roan likes them almost as much as I do (emphasis on ALMOST) but Alec spit his out and after that, Will decided to keep back. The guy who sold them was named “Adam” and he was really nice. He shucked 11 of our 12 oysters for no extra fee and let mom try shucking one upon her request. According to mom it was pretty easy but by the look on her face I could tell that she was surprised she even opened the thing without a scar or cut . Then Adam showed us his oyster farm and how he grew the oysters. It was SO cool. We even saw a crab. He said that crabs and starfish like to eat baby oysters so he keeps the babies in a protective bag until they are too big for the crabs to eat. I think starfish can eat grown-up oysters too but the place that he was farming the oysters in had to much fresh water so the oysters couldn’t survive in the area. When we were done with the oyster farm experience, we started back to the dingy to take us back to the boat. The way back felt as if it was in a time warp compared to the way there because Alec, Roan, and I pulled out some weeds that were growing beside the path and started whacking each other with them (Hence the term weedwacker). Even Will joined in! My favorite weapon was the “poof grenade” which where those poofy dandelions before they got their yellow petals. They are one use and when you hit someone with one, it “blows up” sending seeds all over the victim causing Roan to start sneezing. I paid for that the next night because he was sneezing all night. We came back to the dingy and went home. The flies tried to catch up but were swept away by the breeze. Mom thought the reason for the flies was that earlier we went swimming and nearly froze to death and mom thought that there was still some salt water in our hair and the flies were looking for that. Besides the flies, our adventure to the island was Definitely one of the main highlights of my visit to “Por Dos”.
Comments
Vessel Name: S/V Por Dos
Vessel Make/Model: Catana 48
Hailing Port: Salem, MA
Crew: Mark, Marta, Alec & Roan
S/V Por Dos's Photos - Main
5 Photos
Created 11 October 2012
26 Photos
Created 3 July 2012

Us

Who: Mark, Marta, Alec & Roan
Port: Salem, MA
Site Meter