Princess 3

15 March 2011 | Atlanta
13 October 2010 | Duluth, Minnesota
27 August 2009 | Georgia
22 May 2009 | Florida
19 May 2009 | Lake Park Marina
10 May 2009 | Lake Park, Fl
06 May 2009 | Somewhere in the tropics
01 May 2009 | Green Turtle Cay
30 April 2009 | Green Turtle Cay
27 April 2009 | Abacos
24 April 2009 | MOW
21 April 2009 | Abaco, Bahamas
19 April 2009 | Mangoes
18 April 2009 | Abacos
16 April 2009 | Marsh Harbor
12 April 2009 | Hope Town
09 April 2009 | Hope Town
05 April 2009 | same
28 March 2009 | Elbow Cay
24 March 2009 | Abaco

dingy drift

21 April 2009 | Abaco, Bahamas
J&J

When we entered this new harbour there were 2-large rays that swam under the boat. The water is really clear, but the water is cooler since the weather has cooled down a little. Two other boats came in after us, but we still don't have the number of boats we have been used to. We will stay here a few days since there is a strong cold front coming through soon. It was a little walk to get to the beach, but there were no people or footprints. We had bought so many charts & used so few, it's good to break out some we thought we wouldn't use on this trip.
The only problem with staying on the hook for extended periods is battery charging. We have to run the engine daily if we want to run the fridge. We spend hours reading when we aren't walking the beach or exploring. Jerrie has a stack of used books to pass along when we find an exchange place. Most marinas have a book exchange. Leave some & take some.
We miss Hope Town with all the activities, especially the dinner & movie at the Lodge on Tuesday evenings. We finally downloaded pictures of our "dinghy-drift" which will be posted when this gets on the blog. That was one of the most fun things we have done & highly recommend it. The snacks people made were better than a fine restaurant and the camaraderie was wonderful. We got to chat with people we haven't met until then and exchanged "boat cards".
We have a list of must-have items before we leave the states again. Seems we would know everything needed after years of vacation cruising. But when you work & can only go away for several weeks, it's totally different from what we have been doing since November. Also while cruising along the coast, the items needed are nowhere near what they are when you spend the winter in another country and away from supplies. It has to be VERY important to purchase in the Bahamas as the prices are 2-3 times more than in the states. Anything brought in by airplane has a 45% duty so even when friends visit, it isn't worth the duty.
Sunday night I made one of our favorite meals. We had refrigeration for a few days while we were at the dock, so I bought some chicken and made a chicken broccoli casserole. When it was ready I took it out of the oven and placed the dish on the stove and then it promptly fell onto the floor behind the stove upside down. That meal I worked diligently to prepare was now a big lump under the oven and what a mess. This is just part of the life on a vessel with very little counter space. There were probably too many calories in the dish anyway. We couldn't clean up the mess until the next morning because we are conserving our battery power. Anyway yesterday we had to remove the stove/oven from its gimbaled holder and clean up the mess. That part of the boat probably needed a good cleaning anyway.
Comments
Vessel Name: TRINITY
Vessel Make/Model: Allied Princess Ketch
Hailing Port: Charleston, SC
Crew: John & Jerrie Doyle
About: We've been ocean sailing since the mid seventies and delivered boats up & down the east coast, the Caribbean & to the Med.

Who: John & Jerrie Doyle
Port: Charleston, SC