Princess 3

15 March 2011 | Atlanta
13 October 2010 | Duluth, Minnesota
27 August 2009 | Georgia
22 May 2009 | Florida
19 May 2009 | Lake Park Marina
10 May 2009 | Lake Park, Fl
06 May 2009 | Somewhere in the tropics
01 May 2009 | Green Turtle Cay
30 April 2009 | Green Turtle Cay
27 April 2009 | Abacos
24 April 2009 | MOW
21 April 2009 | Abaco, Bahamas
19 April 2009 | Mangoes
18 April 2009 | Abacos
16 April 2009 | Marsh Harbor
12 April 2009 | Hope Town
09 April 2009 | Hope Town
05 April 2009 | same
28 March 2009 | Elbow Cay
24 March 2009 | Abaco

Heritage Festival

01 May 2009 | Green Turtle Cay
Jerrie
We dingied into town this afternoon and attended the Heritage Festival. There was a little activity going on with lots of food stands and also island craft booths. There was also a tent with a lot of information about the history of Green Turtle cay. The kick off for the festival is actually tonight with an opening address by the Prime Minister of the Bahamas. That is to start right about now since it is almost 6 pm but we are not going to attend that. It was a good distance into New Plymouth which is the settlement here on this island and we did not want to stay there until after dark because there is not much light to see our way back to our boat. We are in White Sound which is about 4 miles by golf cart or to walk and a little closer by dingy. However the local boats really fly around here even at night and we didn't want to be a casualty by being run over. They don't slow down here even going into harbors or by marinas. There isn't a no wake zone in this area. So we hung out at the festival for a little while then went to the grocery store for a few supplies and then made our way back to Trinity. We are trying to decide if we should stay another day or travel on.
We did see Mandy the lady I worked with 25+ years ago. She has a home here on the island and is married to Dale Roberts. His family is one of the founding families of the Abacos. They have two teenage boys. It was good to see her and we recognized each other as soon as we met up. She was helping with the festival so only got to chat for a few minutes.
This is a busy island with all that is going on and has grown a lot since our last visit in 1984. But we won't be staying long before we travel on. However if we leave here tomorrow we probably won't have any internet for at least 5 to 10 days . It all depends on where we go and how long we stay at different islands.
Comments
Vessel Name: TRINITY
Vessel Make/Model: Allied Princess Ketch
Hailing Port: Charleston, SC
Crew: John & Jerrie Doyle
About: We've been ocean sailing since the mid seventies and delivered boats up & down the east coast, the Caribbean & to the Med.

Who: John & Jerrie Doyle
Port: Charleston, SC