Princess 3

15 March 2011 | Atlanta
13 October 2010 | Duluth, Minnesota
27 August 2009 | Georgia
22 May 2009 | Florida
19 May 2009 | Lake Park Marina
10 May 2009 | Lake Park, Fl
06 May 2009 | Somewhere in the tropics
01 May 2009 | Green Turtle Cay
30 April 2009 | Green Turtle Cay
27 April 2009 | Abacos
24 April 2009 | MOW
21 April 2009 | Abaco, Bahamas
19 April 2009 | Mangoes
18 April 2009 | Abacos
16 April 2009 | Marsh Harbor
12 April 2009 | Hope Town
09 April 2009 | Hope Town
05 April 2009 | same
28 March 2009 | Elbow Cay
24 March 2009 | Abaco

Moving on up the road

18 April 2009 | Abacos
Jerrie
Today is April 16th, 2009. Another month of this new year is already over half gone. Time sure flies when you're having fun. But as you get older all time flies by faster.
We have moved on up the island chain and are presently at a dock recharging our battery power and restocking our supplies for the travel west. We still are in civilization but probably in a couple of weeks we will get to more uninhabited islands. The waters will then be cleaner and we will be able to swim a lot more. The waters have warmed up significantly. It will be neat to visit many of the other places we visited years ago. There will be many more beaches to explore and places to snorkel.
We had another cold front pass through early this am and it brought some more rain. The locals around here are real happy about all this much needed water. There was quite a lightening storm that accompanied these showers and they lasted much of the night. It brought a little cooler weather which means sleeping at night will feel good for a couple of days with a cool breeze coming through the ports. I think that the rainfall last night should have significantly helped the lack of water these islands have been dealing with. We could have filled our water tank with all the rain because our dingy was had a good collection. This front doesn't seem to have as strong as winds as those coming through here most of the winter.
We visited the lady who made me the birthday cake and sent it to my boat by water ferry back in March. It was good to see her and give her a big hug and say Thank You in person. John wants to nominate her for the Ambassador of the Abacos. She is a sweet, sweet person.
We spent much of our day today washing clothes. We really like this Marina. It is called Mangoes and the dock master is great and the facilities are everything we need including free internet. This will probably be the last time we wash until we get back to the States. I hope the grocery stores are reasonable back in the USA because food here is unbelievable. A bag of potato chips cost almost $7.00 for example. We definitely know what to bring next time and what we don't need at all or very little of. The only way to know what is really needed and what's not is to experience it yourself. We were told so many different things before we left home but everyone has different opinions. We do know that a genreator is a necessity.
Since our plans for this summer are still not determined at this time, we are throwing lots of possibilities around. There is a big cruisers rally in Nova Scotia this summer that we would really like to attend. Whether we do that or not is up for grabs at this point. We really don't know what we want to do when we grow up. TBut for sure we are going to visit our son and daughter-in-law in Minn. Till next time.
Comments
Vessel Name: TRINITY
Vessel Make/Model: Allied Princess Ketch
Hailing Port: Charleston, SC
Crew: John & Jerrie Doyle
About: We've been ocean sailing since the mid seventies and delivered boats up & down the east coast, the Caribbean & to the Med.

Who: John & Jerrie Doyle
Port: Charleston, SC