s/v Proximity

The Voyages and Adventures of "Your Rock and Roll Argonauts".

31 December 2019 | Emeryville Roadtrip
16 July 2017 | Wrangell Harbor
15 July 2017 | Petersburg, Alaska
12 July 2017 | Baronof Warmm Springs
10 July 2017 | Tenakee Inlet
08 July 2017 | Hoohah
07 July 2017 | Elfin Cove Dock
29 June 2017 | Yakutat City Dock
29 June 2017 | Yakutat City Dock
29 June 2017 | Yakutat City Dock
26 June 2017 | Gulf of Alaska, East of Kayak Island, West of Icy Bay
25 June 2017 | Gulf of Alaska
24 June 2017 | Seward, Alaska
21 June 2017 | Seward, Alaska
20 June 2017 | Seward, Alaska
22 April 2017 | Seward, Alaska
22 April 2017 | Passage to Kodiak
22 April 2017 | Chignik,, Alaska
22 April 2017 | Sand Point, Alaska

Made it Around Butaritari

17 April 2013 | About 300 miles south of Majuro
Rod
We made it around Butaritari without having to tack! We did have to use the engine to get past the last ten miles. Without it, the wind just wouldn't open up the door for us without the tack.

It has been an interesting day for us. The wind changed direction in our favor, so there we were, flying right along this morning in a beautiful blue world of sky and ocean. It was wonderful....for a while. Then, while I was down below doing checks on out voltage regulator, Elisabeth saw the horizon up ahead go dark. Ugly dark. It turned out to be a massive line squall that rained on us and blew on us at 30 knots for over an hour. Great!

So, we must have looked quite comical wearing next to nothing except underwear (it's hot here), life jackets and tethers while we reefed the sails, and secured the deck. And that brings us to here. It is still grey and rainy, but the wind has laid down. Of course, wouldn't you know it, the wind direction has change back to southeast. The forecasts call for northeast, and we need that to make our easterly component of our intended track. Right now, we are going south, but with no east.

Ever wonder why we laugh when we see the glossy magazines depicting cruising as the lazy life? It's a great life, but lazy? No, there is always fun to be had. But you have to enjoy the chess game aspect of it.

Rod and Elisabeth "Your Rock and Roll Argonauts"
Comments
Vessel Name: Proximity
Vessel Make/Model: Swan 41
Hailing Port: San Francisco
Crew: Rod Lambert, Elisabeth Lehmberg
About:
Who Are Rod and Elisabeth? We are Rod Lambert and Elisabeth Lehmberg. Elisabeth is from Bremerhaven, Germany, and Rod is from Monterey, California. In our youth we each had dreams of living on the water and sailing long distance. [...]
Extra: 2017 Update. From 2009 to Summer 2016, we sailed the South Pacific Ocean, visiting many many wonderful places and meeting incredible all along the way. Finally, it was time to do something a little different, so we headed North. North to Alaska. The dream continues. Welcome!
Social:
Proximity's Photos - Main
No items in this gallery.