Living the Cruising Life...

'A Sailor's Joys Are as Simple as a Child's' - Bernard Moitessier

20 December 2007
20 December 2007
20 December 2007 | Wrightsville Beach, NC
30 November 2007
18 November 2007
24 October 2007 | Wilmington, North Carolina, USA
03 June 2007 | Charlie and Joyce Beede's in Salt Pond
11 May 2007
11 May 2007 | Eva's Cay, Long Island, Bahamas
24 April 2007 | Long Island, Bahamas
10 March 2007 | Emerald Bay, Great Exuma, Bahamas
29 January 2007 | Elbow Cay
22 January 2007 | Black Sound Harbor
22 January 2007 | Green Turtle
12 January 2007
11 January 2007 | Indian Harbor Beach, FL; Anchored on the Banana River

From Boatyard Blues to We're On Our Way

07 August 2005 | Wanchese, NC /Spencer Marine Yard 7:16PM
Jeannette
Whew! It's been a long time since we updated our journal, sorry about that, we'll get the hang of this soon. We have been planning our October wedding/Bon Voyage Party and working on Puff everyday in the yard. Check out the Boat page on our website for details and pictures of individual projects. We've moved off of our little boat "Seanorita" and into Brian's parent's RV right here on a lot adjacent to the yard so we can sell "Seanorita" and be closer to Puff, since we work on her at all hours of the day and night. I am in the yard right now typing this, it is almost sundowner time and way past happy hour. We've had a good weekend working on Puff and we're gonna have to celebrate with a coupla rum and cokes. Brian has Puff's bottom on the road to recovery, from blisters to the gelcoat peeler, this weekend he finally began to build her back up with the first layer of epoxy resin, meticulously applied with a tiny plastic spreader over every inch of her hull bottom, he is sanding it down right now. His hands are probably about to fall off from all the sanding he's done the past couple of days. But she looks really good. Next step is barrier coat, 4 coats with a roller, and then bottom paint! What have I been doing? I replaced the screen in one of the companionway washboards. And I sealed around the head and galley sinks, faucets and some of the wood in the surrounding areas because sink water was leaking around those areas and damaging the wood. And, as always, I've been varnishing everything I can get my hands on. We salvaged a really neat ladder from a sad wreck of a boat, which i'm refinishing. And I replaced a few bungs in various pieces of wood all over the boat. I am becoming the varnish queen, actually we use Cetol, a coating similar to varnish, but it lasts longer, has more UV protection and you don't have to sand between coats. We have befriended a feral cat family in the boatyard. The mama is very cool and just hangs out with us all the time. She is not afraid of dogs and riht now Charlie, some black lab that runs loose around here, and mama kitty are all sacked out at my feet together. She loves on Charlie all the time and he doesn't know what to do because he really enjoys chasing cats and trying to eat them, but we threaten his life if tries anything with her, so he's becoming used to having cat buddies, which is good, because when we leave in November, he will go live with Brin's parents and their cat Tigger, who used to be his brother's cat. They just keep aquiring animals. Mama Kitty has four adorable kittens. They are very shy, but they like to lie around and watch us. We really like this one, we would like to take him with us. That's all for now. Oh yeah, shout out to Leslie for taking time to read our site every now and then, thanks girl, we really enjoyed meeting you and Bailey, Cece, and my niece Greta Grace. Hope we can see you all again soon. Love you guys! Peace out.
Comments
Vessel Name: Puff
Vessel Make/Model: Bayfield 32C
Hailing Port: North Carolina
Crew: Brian Pucella DOB: 11/12/77 & Jeannette Dougherty DOB: 01/21/75
About: CharlieDawg JackCat

Brian and Jeannette aboard s/v Puff

Who: Brian Pucella DOB: 11/12/77 & Jeannette Dougherty DOB: 01/21/75
Port: North Carolina