09 August 2010 | Port Angeles, WA
30 July 2010 | Port Angeles, WA - still
24 July 2010 | Port Angeles, WA
22 July 2010 | Port Angeles, WA
17 July 2010 | Port angeles, WA
16 July 2010 | Port Angeles, WA
13 July 2010 | Port Angeles, Wa
11 July 2010 | Port Angeles, Wa
10 July 2010 | Port Angeles, WA
10 July 2010 | Port Angeles, WA
08 July 2010 | Port Angeles, Wa (duh)
07 July 2010 | Victoria Harbor
05 July 2010 | Victoria B.C.
03 July 2010 | Roche Harbor San Juan Islands
30 June 2010 | Bedwell Harbor Poet's Cove Resort
28 June 2010 | MBVIBC
27 June 2010 | Maple Bay (still) but headed up to Chemanis
25 June 2010 | Maple Bay

In Victoria!

05 July 2010 | Victoria B.C.
Ray here - Sunny Hot...Hotter Tomorrow!
This is a quick picture we did of Victoria but the sun was right in the lens...try to get more-better pics in a while.

Yeeeehaaaa! For us its almost like coming home! We love Victoria (for those that know me they know I mean "This is the way everything should be done" or in other words "The correct Way"). Anyway... Victoria is special to us because we lived in Port Angeles (across the water) and we did our honeymoon here, also several Christmas's and 8 to 10 day vacations either on our other boat (Mariah, a 38' Morgan) or package deals with the hotels and stuff! We still love it here...it's really grown up and expanded and was it busy when we pulled in but...it's still awesome!

So our trip from Roche Harbor, San Juan Island, took (ouch!) 7 1/2 hours that's pretty bad considering it was only 20 miles...but we hit really heavy swells in the middle of Haro Staight (the boat was trying to launch to the moon then dive to the depths)...and then a reverse tide going down the Straight of Juan de Fuca...so we slowed to like 2.2 knots which means 3 hours to do 8 miles! Anyway...it started clearing and getting warmer then we we came in the harbor amonst the airplanes running in and out, little harbor water taxis, two Victoria Clipper turbo ferries, out own Coho, and then a zillion local boats...it was busy...but...we got right in, went right through customs and then because I lacked skill and the harbor girl felt sorry for me...we got this awesome tie up on a linear dock overlooking everything!...and I mean everything...the hotels, aircraft coming and going...street musicians...it's almost overwhelming....and...we're here for 2 more days...and the temp is supposed to be upper 70's and low 80's..(metrically that's like 37,000 degrees or something).

So we're here for a couple of days with full Internet...sorry we missed some folks in Roche...it was a zoo for sure...then there was a terrible wind, crazy people and (in our opinion) lousy (cheap) fireworks...and Oh!...it was cold-cold. Now it's warm-warm and we're good to go...really looking forward to Port Angeles...our next stop.

Ray out for now...
Comments
Vessel Name: Pure Joy
Vessel Make/Model: Islander Freeport 41
Hailing Port: Seattle, Washington USA
Crew: Co-Captains Ray and Sandy
About:
Retired July '09. This is our second sailboat together. Before, Sandy had a Morgan '38 which she sailed from Port Angeles around Puget Sound. Sandy has motored to Mexico in the 70's...and lived and worked on her own boat for 3 years in Alaska. [...]
Extra: We are happy to report we are actually doing exactly what we really really really really really want to do...(short of winning the lottery of couse :)...in any case...it's PURE JOY! HF Contact: KF7IDH

Sailing the Dream

Who: Co-Captains Ray and Sandy
Port: Seattle, Washington USA