Disco Dancing on Deck
31 December 2011 | Little Farmer's Cay, Exumas, Bahamas
Saturday 31 December 2011
As we have been posting blogs at lunchtime for internet access reasons, I will start with 'last night's installment'
The Eve of New Year's Eve, around 8 pm (Infinity PM!)
I spend the Eve of New Year's Eve disco dancing on deck, in darkness, backlit by the fairy lights on boats, the stars and the moon.
Ulric has taken the dinghy to Staniel Cay for a beer and some time out.
Brendan is reading Quinn a story, Quinn giggles.
Brendan still pegs out laundry, but 'only in the evenings.'
Elliott mentions a rainbow. says Brendan: "It's a promise from God!"
Staniel Cay is pretty, mellow. We did some shopping at The Pink Pearl Grocery Store.
We visited the pigs on the beach. even saw a small white piglet coloured bright pink and orange by the sunset..
The Great Square of Pegasus appears in the night sky
Pegasus (The Winged Horse) and the Moon dance hand in hand
I find myself disco dancing on deck, homesick for Exuma Park and the skeletons of whales. the company of the ghosts at Boo Boo Hill. it is too crowded here. too many yachts.
This is the first time on a sailing voyage that we won't see a full moon - but not seeing s full moon means seeing more stars.
New Year's Eve
About 3pm here but closer to The Great Witching Hour in Europe!
I just interviewed the boys about their New Year's Resolutions for 2012
ELLIOTT'S RESOLUTIONS FOR 2012
- Work towards Grade 2 Piano Exam
- Publish a weekly newspaper
- Publish a book
- "Anger management": try to develop more patience
- Help around the house a bit more
- Work towards the Sailing Grade 2 Certificate at the Ahoy! Centre
BRENDAN'S RESOLUTIONS FOR 2012
- Finish my guidebook to the Bahamas and maybe write other books
- Work on anger management control during my piano lessons
- Give people more chances .. If people annoy me: forgive them and give them another chance
- Spend less time annoying my Brothers.. Be less annoying myself.
- Trying to be more flexible.. Though the word FLEXIBLE really annoys me!!!
- Write a book about Ostar on Tiger Island.
- And that I think that is ENOUGH!
QUINN'S RESOLUTIONS FOR 2012
- Publish a newspaper every week
- Do the Guitar Grade 3 Exam
- Improve the band.. Lots of band practice
- Ensure I do not hand in homework late
- Be less chatty
- Continue to cook dinner once a week and use more advanced recipes
- Improve my Maths & English & Science. because I got top grades in ALL other subjects.
- Spend next Christmas in London & make it the best Christmas ever
- Find the missing family members for all my monkeys
- Complete Stage 1 Motor Boats at the Ahoy! Centre
- Achieve work-life balance
- Be more enigmatic & mysterious, less approachable and available to clients
- Be a FUN MUM, roll in the mud sometimes with my piglets
- Continue to walk The Path of Pollen
- Go through my contact book, weed & unplug
To be figured out tonight.
FRESH WATER OCEANS
I talk to a man on the beach
He speaks of Michigan
And the Fresh Water Oceans
(aka The Great Lakes)
He has an appointment with the ghosts
At Boo Boo Hill
We have a date
At Thunderbird Cay
We add our footprints
To those of the
Brown Norway rats
Cuban tree frogs
We add our tracks
To those of the
Bahama fowl snakes
And pygmy boa
Washes them away
Wipes the slate clean
For another day
For another year.
By Imelda Almqvist