Radiance

Port: Tacoma, Washington USA
www.heifer.org
05 January 2012
12 August 2011 | Brisbane
20 June 2011
28 August 2010
07 January 2010 | Denmark
07 January 2010 | Denmark
23 December 2009
20 December 2009 | Farum, DK
26 November 2009
31 October 2009
31 October 2009
31 October 2009
31 October 2009
05 July 2009
05 July 2009 | The farm in Denmark
26 May 2009 | Denmark

Haere Mai. Welcome.

12 February 2008 | New Zealand
Angela et al.
This is a belated posting of our first impressions of New Zealand. Here are a few photos of ours along with a succinct and brilliantly written introduction to New Zealand that I found in a 1994 Insight Guide to New Zealand, published by APA Publications (HK) Ltd., edited by Gordon Mclauchlan.

I quote:

This is New Zealand. Haere mai. Welcome.
This is a land of majestic snow-capped peaks and unexplored rain forests, of pristine lakes swarming with trout and turquoise ocean bays speckled with wooded isles, of glaciers and fiords, geysers and volcanoes. It is a land of kauri forests and kiwifruit plantations, of modern cosmopolitan cities and backcountry sheep stations, of the flightless kiwi, the prehistoric tuatara, ...and Sir Edmund Hillary. Perhaps most important of all, it is the land of the Maori, the indigenous Polynesian inhabitants who have made these islands their home for at least 12 centuries...
Today, it is not hard to understand why New Zealanders have such a strong attachment to their native land...a recreational wonderland perhaps unrivalled on Mother Earth. The unique flora and fauna are only part of the staggering variety of attractions. Enter these pages and discover them.

End of quote.

We have only seen a tiny bit of New Zealand, and are already enchanted. Even more majestic and awe inspiring sights are yet to come.
See the gallery album titled NZ North Island for some of our photos.
Comments
Vessel Name: Radiance
Vessel Make/Model: Tayana 37
Hailing Port: Tacoma, Washington USA
About: Steen, Angela and Malou Brochner-Nielsen
Extra: A small family taking one step at a time, making their way around the world aboard their Tayana 37.
Home Page: http://www.svradiance.com

Radiance

Port: Tacoma, Washington USA
www.heifer.org