S/V Rainbowrider

24 February 2009 | Cartagena, Columbia
20 February 2009 | Columbia
19 February 2009 | Aruba
18 February 2009 | Aruba
17 February 2009 | Couracao
15 February 2009 | Aruba
08 February 2009 | Spanish Waters Curacao
08 February 2009 | Bonaire and Curacao
13 January 2009 | Bonaire
10 January 2009 | Bonaire and Curacao
08 January 2009 | Spanish Waters Curacao
20 December 2008 | Bonaire
24 November 2008 | Bonaire
24 November 2008 | Las Aves de Barlavento
19 October 2008 | Marina Bahia Redonda Puerto la Cruz
09 September 2008 | Las Aves de Barlavento
08 September 2008 | Las Aves de Barlavento
06 September 2008 | Las Aves de Barlavento
06 September 2008 | Las Aves de Barlavento
06 September 2008 | Los Roques

Linda's mom comes to Curacao

17 February 2009 | Couracao
pilott / clear and breezy
After David and Nikkie headed for Ca we had about 3 weeks to hang out and prepare for a visit from Linda's mom. She arived on the 16th 0f Dec at about 8pm. we rented a car and went to meet her at the airport. She arrived tired, hungry and happy to be there. We drove back to the fishermans marina at Spanish Waters and loaded her into the dinghy and puttered out to the boat. There was time for a little conversation before the snooze monster attacked and sent us off to bed. Since we still had the rental car we decided that the first order of business would be to show Elsie the island and Willemstad. After playing tourist we decided to head out to Klien Curacao for a night on the way to Bonaire. Once again the wx cooperated nicely and we had a very pleasant run out o Klien. We anchored in the same sandy spot as last time and were soon snorkeling in the clear waters above the coral. Next, Linda took Elsie ashore to visit the lighthouse and the wrecks on the windard side. They had a long walk on the beach and then called for the taxi (me) to pick them up. The next morning we pulled the hook and raised the main sail and heahed off to Bonaire. We had a very nice sail about 3/4's of the way and then had to motor in the final couple of miles. We picked up a mooring at the end away from the bars and then went ashore to show Elsie the town. As is usually the case she liked Bonaire far better that Curacao. It has a quaint relaxed atmosphere that is very soothing. Elsie spent some time sitting on the sugar scoop feeding the sargent major fish that tend to swarm around the boats looking for a handout. After 2 days and nights it was time to head back to Curacao so Elsie could catch her flight home. This time it was a downwind run all the way so we shook out the spinnaker and took off. About 6 hrs later were were entering Spanish Waters once again. It was a good trip and every one enjoyed themselves, and Elsie can truly say she's done a spinnaker run in open water.























Comments
Vessel Name: Rainbowrider
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 410 catamaran
Hailing Port: Corpus Christi, Tx
Crew: Gary and Linda Lott
About: One retired fire pilot and one semi-retired RN. Off to see the wizard or whatever adventure comes along first. Do it till it isn't fun anymore.
Extra: Point the pointy end downwind and go for it.
These are stories of the travels of Rainbowrider and her intrepid crew We have been out for almost 4 years now and will remain out here until it's no longer fun. We have found a community of boaters and friends who will always come to the rescue if needed. Otherwise they will just be there to help with whatever you may need help with. When help is not needed they will leave you in peace with the sure and certain knowledge that assistance is only a radio call away