Rainbow Spirit

Sailing has been my life. With it comes the inspiration of true freedom and adventure.

Accept the Mission Impossible

11 May 2006
Sunny 75F, partly cloudy, no wind
The mission has begun...

This is the first official entry to kick off, what Vito Dumas titled, the impossible route. At this time, the writing, the prepping, the search for a boat, and the financial costs are my own efforts.

The mission is a culmination of a long held boyhood dream, a result of the deaths of two very good friends to AIDS in the mid-90s, and the ongoing struggle for Equal Rights for the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender community (GLBT).

And while this mission may sound and appear political, it really isn't. It isn't about in-your-face cultural or social politics. Nor is it about current affairs in the US or the World.

It's more about lifting the esteem of a community and the generations of its citizens. It's about me, my dream and, now, my contribution to the GLBT community. I believe I have a unique ability (sailing), dedication (friends and community), perseverance (I keep going to sea), Love (the sea and boats)...

The impossible mission is to fulfill the voyage of a lifetime.

The mission impossible: a solo-circumnavigation, nonstop, unassisted thru the Southern Oceans and below all five Southern Capes.

In coming blogs, I hope to outline additional needs and my outline my plan for accomplishing this mission. But, in the meantime, enjoy the reading my sailing adventures on other boats.
Vessel Make/Model: TBD
Hailing Port: Seattle, Washington USA
Crew: Joe Rodriguez
About: Singlehander
Extra: The impossible mission is to fulfill the voyage of a lifetime. The mission impossible: a solo-circumnavigation, nonstop, unassisted thru the Southern Oceans and below all five Southern Capes.

Mission Impossible

Who: Joe Rodriguez
Port: Seattle, Washington USA