Ranger's Cruise

Who: Dale Hedtke, Amy Brooks, Harvey the Poodle
Port: Duluth, MN
15 May 2014 | Duluth
27 October 2013
02 February 2013
31 January 2013 | On the hard at BIM
12 March 2012 | Duluth
12 March 2012 | Duluth, MN

Welcome to our new blog

12 March 2012 | Duluth, MN
Dale
Hi folks!

Welcome to our new blog! We are developing our plans to take Ranger, our Morgan 383, from our home port of Duluth, MN to someplace warmer (most places are as it turns out.....) More specifically, we are planning to go out the St. Lawrence Seaway to the Canadian Maritimes, then to New England, the Chesapeake, ICW to Florida, and on to the Bahamas.

We will begin in the late summer of 2013 by delivering the boat probably to Clayton, NY, which is at the eastern end of Lake Ontario and just inside the beginning of the St. Lawrence river. In the spring of 2014 we will rejoin the boat to begin the journey.

We have been cruising for nearly 10 years on Ranger, and began our assocition with the boat when we purchased her in 2002 in Chicago (at the old Crowley's Yacht yard; she was known as "Annie's B" then.) We cruised from Chicago, to the North Channel, Georgian Bay, Trent Severn Waterway, accross Lake Ontario to the Oswego Canal, Erie Canal, Hudson River, NYC, around NJ to the Delaware Bay (crappy), and into the Chesapeake via the C & D Canal. The next season we headed north to Maine for some of the summer and then back to the Midwest via the Erie. We left the boat in Detroit for winter and brought Ranger to Duluth, our new home town, the following summer.

Over the years we have extensively upgraded and modified her and still have some work to do to get ready for our upcoming voyage. I'll explain in subsequent blog entries.

Below is a picture of our boat at anchor.
Comments
Vessel Name: Ranger
Vessel Make/Model: Morgan 383
Hailing Port: Duluth, MN
Crew: Dale Hedtke, Amy Brooks, Harvey the Poodle

Who: Dale Hedtke, Amy Brooks, Harvey the Poodle
Port: Duluth, MN