"We may not have ended up where we intended to go, but we ended up where we needed to be." Douglas Adams

28 March 2014 | St. Helena Island, SC
26 March 2014 | Port Royal, SC
10 March 2014
23 February 2014
03 February 2014
29 January 2014
15 January 2014
04 December 2013
27 November 2013
21 November 2013
07 April 2013 | Regent Point Marina
16 September 2012 | Weems, VA
10 September 2012
17 June 2012

The Reunion Tour has Happened.

24 April 2012
Park invents the Goldfish Koozie. We left BCCM on Thursday and had a nice sail down the Chesapeake Bay to Mobjack Bay and anchored in the East River. This is a beautiful anchorage. I fix blackened shrimp and cheese grits for supper. The next morning brought calm conditions so we motored up the East River until we ran out of water under the keel. We then motored up the North River until we had to stop for the same reason. We dropped the hook and had a nice lunch until the wind picked up to 15 knots out of the south. We decided to sail back up the Bay to Jackson Creek. As all CB sailors know the wind here loves to play with you. It went from 15 knots out of the south when we left the North River to 5 knots out of the northeast by the time we got into the Bay. We then motored up to Jackson Creek and anchored just past the Fishing Bay Yacht Club. Park made a nice salsa and I grilled tuna steaks and yellow squash on the grill. We had a fine time with drinks and music that night . No wind the next morning so we motored on back to BCCM before the storms appeared. We had really nice party with wine, steaks, and Nassau Royale. We plan to do this on an annual basis either sailing on our boats or chartering. More pictures from the trip a posted in the gallery.
Comments
Vessel Name: Rapport
Vessel Make/Model: 1977 Cheoy Lee Clipper 36
Hailing Port: Topping, VA
Crew: Ron Koris, Gwyn Nethaway,DVM
About: I am a retired manager of West Marine in Deltaville, VA and my wife, Gwyn, is a retired veterinarian. We have lived aboard our Cheoy Lee Clipper 36, Rapport, since 2003.
Extra: Recent updates to our boat include: New Found Metals ports - awesome, Garmin 4210 Chart plotter with GMR 18 HD radar. Re-caulking cabin sides and re coating with Honey Teak, Great stuff!

Who: Ron Koris, Gwyn Nethaway,DVM
Port: Topping, VA