Regenero's Great Escape

06 February 2016 | Francis Bay, St John, USVI
31 January 2016 | Privateer Bay, Norman Island
16 January 2016 | Christmas Cove
07 January 2016
30 November 2015 | Puerto Del Rey, Puerto Rico
25 February 2015
04 February 2015
18 January 2015
11 January 2015
01 January 2015
31 December 2014
28 December 2014
18 December 2014
09 December 2014
06 December 2014

Everything takes longer than expected.

15 October 2010
Friday, October 15, 2010
Raymond and his assistant came Wednesday and completed most of the engine work except for the injectors. However, they found a few problems. One...the injector guy said that one injector per engine (each has 3) was bad, and not firing... so they have it on ultra sonic testing to repair. Two and this is a biggie...the seal between the sail drive and engine on the port side was bad. They found this because what looked like plastic shavings coming out of a line they were cleaning. So, they had to unbolt the engine block and slide all 400 lbs of it forward, disengage the saildrive & engine housing and see what's what. Turns out they repaired the gear (previously) by filling it with 5200 (a super sealant that is waterproof and works above and below the waterline), and it was shaving off when rotating. We actually had a replacement part that they gave us when we bought the boat, and so Raymond is now in the process of refitting it, but still needs to get a seal kit which will take 4 days. A little more work than we expected ...but now is the time to do it! They are working on parts and pieces, and so at the moment, our port engine is canted off its engine blocks waiting to be replaced.

Dave and his assistant came and installed the re-fabricated water heater but for some reason it trips the power after about a minute running, so they will be back to see about that, maybe today. The good news is we have running water on the boat again (although Jim now tells me I could have used it all along since they capped the lines) I have been using buckets and our secondary bladders to wash and do dishes.

We officially moved aboard yesterday and so spent last night in our berth. It was cozy and comfortable - thanks to the AC that is running nonstop, and I was glad to be aboard. We also watched a movie last night curled up in the saloon, with...I'm ashamed to say it....blankets on. The AC in the saloon is really powerful and once the sun is down it drops the temp pretty dramatically. Current inside temp this am - 70 degrees.
Comments
Vessel Name: Regenero
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 41 S2
Hailing Port: Chicago, IL
Crew: Jim & Karen Doyle
About:
Jim retired from the legal field but continues to lecture and teach as an adjunct professor at several Universities both in Illinois and as well as a US MBA program in Eastern Europe. Karen is currently on hiatus from her job. [...]

Who: Jim & Karen Doyle
Port: Chicago, IL