Regenero's Great Escape

06 February 2016 | Francis Bay, St John, USVI
31 January 2016 | Privateer Bay, Norman Island
16 January 2016 | Christmas Cove
07 January 2016
30 November 2015 | Puerto Del Rey, Puerto Rico
25 February 2015
04 February 2015
18 January 2015
11 January 2015
01 January 2015
31 December 2014
28 December 2014
18 December 2014
09 December 2014
06 December 2014

Shore Support

27 December 2011
Tuesday, Dec 27th…Shore Support

The past few days Jim and I have spend a lot of time on Ocean Jedi helping Frank & Denise get ready for their charter. Yesterday we lugged the sewing machine over and Jim helped Frank with one of the water pumps while I helped Denise fix a few tears in the sunshade and reconfigure a leaky corner on the upper canvas. A few other random chores, and just spend time visiting and catching up. Today, we headed over early to help them move the boat over to the fuel dock and then back to their slip in preparation for their guests who they discovered were arriving a little earlier so we vacated to leave them to do their thing. We filled up a few Jerry Jugs with Diesel and Gasoline then dropped them off at the boat. When we headed back to the dingy dock we found Frank just meeting his guests, so we helped them down to the boat with their luggage and then headed off to downtown Charlotte Amalie to wander the shops and have some lunch. We heard there was an ice cream shoppe in town and I am hankering for a sundae or some other delightful concoction. Well, we had a lovely lunch on the waterfront, watching the harbor and the tourists, and we very much enjoyed wandering the downtown series of duty free shops and narrow alleyways, however ice cream wasn’t to be had and so we headed back to the boat without. There is a lot of activity in this harbor and today there are 3 cruise ships on the West Indies dock, next to us. As we relax on board this afternoon we have a concert from the closest ship floating out to us, and just past sunset we watch the ships backing out and heading for their next port, which makes quite a show just off our starboard side.
Comments
Vessel Name: Regenero
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 41 S2
Hailing Port: Chicago, IL
Crew: Jim & Karen Doyle
About:
Jim retired from the legal field but continues to lecture and teach as an adjunct professor at several Universities both in Illinois and as well as a US MBA program in Eastern Europe. Karen is currently on hiatus from her job. [...]

Who: Jim & Karen Doyle
Port: Chicago, IL