Regenero's Great Escape

06 February 2016 | Francis Bay, St John, USVI
31 January 2016 | Privateer Bay, Norman Island
16 January 2016 | Christmas Cove
07 January 2016
30 November 2015 | Puerto Del Rey, Puerto Rico
25 February 2015
04 February 2015
18 January 2015
11 January 2015
01 January 2015
31 December 2014
28 December 2014
18 December 2014
09 December 2014
06 December 2014

An easy run east

09 December 2014
Karen
Tuesday, December 9, 2014

We were up and off the docks before dawn on Sunday to get a jump on the day. It was still and calm, and we set a record for ease of leaving the dock. With the sky lightening and not a breath of wind Regenero stood like a patient mount while we cast off all the lines and eased out of the slip. With the waxing moon hanging low in the western sky, and the sun a promise below the eastern horizon we begin our day. The seas are nearly flat, with a slight ocean swell that eventually makes its way in on the beam. Mostly 4-5 foot with a few 8’s thrown in for good measure. The winds start out too light for sailing, but they eventually fill in and we hoist all sail….to a northwest breeze…Yes, I said North WEST. Which is nearly unheard of in the land of Easterly trades…But we will happily take what we can get and so enjoy the passage east. We pass Christmas Cove, and unfortunately there is no room at the inn, so we continue on to Francis Bay, St. John. After 7 hours, and just under 60 miles we were happily moored in a calm bay, with crystalline waters - now this is why we love cruising. So while we love PR, and had a wonderful time with our friends there…we are happy to be back on the water with no plans for tomorrow, or the next day.

We watched a shooting star and a few satellites show up before enjoying the Moon rise over St. John. The most strenuous thing we attempted on Monday was a haircut for Jim, then an hour or so swimming in the gorgeous water, before relaxing with a book, a radio, and a few mending projects and another night of star watching. As it is early in the season the constellations are not quite in their most common positions, so we are challenged with remembering what was where, but eventually it comes back. We are certainly enjoying the relaxation and beginning the season.
I called into the office yesterday to check in with my friends…but mostly to remind them I still had my eye on them, and they needed to do the 2pm stretch. Took a lot of flak, but it was still fun to laugh with everyone. I miss you goofballs!

And today is more of the same…although we did get the generator running, and so now are charging all our goodies. Thinking about kayaking…..maybe tomorrow.
Comments
Vessel Name: Regenero
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 41 S2
Hailing Port: Chicago, IL
Crew: Jim & Karen Doyle
About:
Jim retired from the legal field but continues to lecture and teach as an adjunct professor at several Universities both in Illinois and as well as a US MBA program in Eastern Europe. Karen is currently on hiatus from her job. [...]

Who: Jim & Karen Doyle
Port: Chicago, IL