Regenero's Great Escape

06 February 2016 | Francis Bay, St John, USVI
31 January 2016 | Privateer Bay, Norman Island
16 January 2016 | Christmas Cove
07 January 2016
30 November 2015 | Puerto Del Rey, Puerto Rico
25 February 2015
04 February 2015
18 January 2015
11 January 2015
01 January 2015
31 December 2014
28 December 2014
18 December 2014
09 December 2014
06 December 2014

A wonderful few days…. But then again….how could it be anything else!

12 December 2014
Karen
Friday, Dec 12,
A wonderful few days.... But then again....how could it be anything else!

On Thursday we headed down to Christmas Cove and picked up a mooring near Charles & Leslie. This is quite a wonderful place, and we really love it, for so many reasons, clear - CLEAR water, shallow enough to see the bottom nearly everywhere, great snorkeling, close enough to St Thomas for a dingy run, a clear and open view of sunset, and lots and lots of activity and things to watch. Plus one new bonus...a PIZZA BOAT. Some enterprising person has anchored their big sailboat way up front, hung out a menu and cooks up pizza 5 days a week. Order on the radio and pick it up in your dingy 15 minutes later…we might never leave!

So after an easy run down, and an afternoon swim we hopped into Charles & Leslie's big dingy and headed over to dump garbage, and do a little shop. An easy run, however some of us did get a little wet (ok Jim = soaked) on the return trip, but still a fun ride...and we got the ice we needed. We got back in time to see the sunset, and were rewarded with a mild green flash, as it hit the water. A lovely day!

Friday, dawns lovely again and we enjoy a nice day attempting chores in the morning...but it's just so darn nice, and we get to watch the boats coming and going, then in the afternoon we head in to visit the fishes. And WOW...what a snorkel it is...
First we see several yellow-headed jawfish dancing above their little holes in the seafloor. I love these little, nearly transparent critters, and rarely find them. Then an octopus, just hanging out in his garden not 8 feet below, the surface, then several Squid decide to join us, a large Puffer pretending not to see us, then a spotted moray hiding in the coral. An amazing sight already, then on the way back to the boat we hung around with a lovely spotted Eagle ray, just munching away in the seagrass. After tearing ourselves away from this wonder it was thru the turtle gauntlet where we wandered thru a half a dozen big turtles on the way back to the boat. WOW! Ok, an amazing snorkel all within 200 yards of the boat...did I mention how much we LOVE it here? (check the gallery for some photos)

We met a quasi-delivery crew(friends of the owner types), moving a 30 ft Island Packet (yes 30 foot!) from Grenada to Florida and ending up having them for drinks aboard for a fun and laughter filled night, but not before we were able to see the green flash Twice as the sun went down... it set thru the clouds and so we actually saw two bits of it end separately...yet spectacularly, with the hot green pop as it hit the water. Today was a very good day!
Comments
Vessel Name: Regenero
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 41 S2
Hailing Port: Chicago, IL
Crew: Jim & Karen Doyle
About:
Jim retired from the legal field but continues to lecture and teach as an adjunct professor at several Universities both in Illinois and as well as a US MBA program in Eastern Europe. Karen is currently on hiatus from her job. [...]

Who: Jim & Karen Doyle
Port: Chicago, IL