Regenero's Great Escape

06 February 2016 | Francis Bay, St John, USVI
31 January 2016 | Privateer Bay, Norman Island
16 January 2016 | Christmas Cove
07 January 2016
30 November 2015 | Puerto Del Rey, Puerto Rico
25 February 2015
04 February 2015
18 January 2015
11 January 2015
01 January 2015
31 December 2014
28 December 2014
18 December 2014
09 December 2014
06 December 2014

A week of partying

28 December 2014
Karen
Sunday, December 28, 2014

Well….since it is the holidays and since you have a bunch of cruisers all hanging out together, it was a week of partying for us. On the 23rd, we had 14 aboard Regenero for a Pizza Party and to celebrate a birthday for one of our new cruising friends.

In the midst of the partying, we have been snorkeling nearly every day and have so far spotted 9 octopi living around Christmas Cove. They are such interesting creatures, and so great at camouflage that to see one (9!) is always a treat! Add to that the turtles, stingrays and spotted eagle rays and a snorkel here is a wonderful time.We have also taken another trip across the channel in two dingies with Lee & Sharon, and Bill & Colleen, for a garbage dump and shopping run. Ok…so it was a little wet, but still we got all the necessary things done…it was an adventure!

Wednesday, Christmas Eve and Flash, a Catana 47 joins us in the anchorage. So we pile onboard and have a very lovely happy hour(s) with Hank & Seale, the 2 Canadian boats, and many of the usual suspects. Another 14 man happy hour and a lovely celebration.

So Thursday, Christmas Day, while we had other plans for a smaller gathering, with so many in the harbor we adjusted and again with Flash as the platform 16 of us gathered to celebrate this joyous day. We were able to phone home and at least listen while our precious grandbabies tore into the presents we sent their way…I have to admit I miss being there and seeing the chaos of these two guys enjoying Christmas as only children can.

The bay here has been incredibly busy with locals and visitors alike these past few days so there has been lots of activity to keep everyone entertained. We relaxed on Friday, and Charles and Leslie stopped by for a quiet drink.

On Saturday it was up and out…and by 9 am we were off the mooring, with the mainsail up and headed west to Culebra. It was a bumpy, flukey wind trip, but by 1pm we were inside the marks and headed up into the main anchorage. We were travelling with Dolce Vita, with Allegro somewhere behind us both, and since some friends were anchored in Dakity, we decided to stop there for the night to have another happy hour….this time aboard Nirvana. After getting our anchor settled I took care of some business with my very competent secretary at home then we were off to party again.

So today, here we sit anchored behind the reef, in calm water….just running our generator and charging our batteries…ahh the life of the cruiser.
Comments
Vessel Name: Regenero
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 41 S2
Hailing Port: Chicago, IL
Crew: Jim & Karen Doyle
About:
Jim retired from the legal field but continues to lecture and teach as an adjunct professor at several Universities both in Illinois and as well as a US MBA program in Eastern Europe. Karen is currently on hiatus from her job. [...]

Who: Jim & Karen Doyle
Port: Chicago, IL