Regenero's Great Escape

06 February 2016 | Francis Bay, St John, USVI
31 January 2016 | Privateer Bay, Norman Island
16 January 2016 | Christmas Cove
07 January 2016
30 November 2015 | Puerto Del Rey, Puerto Rico
25 February 2015
04 February 2015
18 January 2015
11 January 2015
01 January 2015
31 December 2014
28 December 2014
18 December 2014
09 December 2014
06 December 2014

Let the Happy Hours Begin!

16 January 2016 | Christmas Cove
Karen
Saturday dawned bright and calm, and off we headed east for the Virgins, leaving Puerto Rico behind for this trip. We had a nice calm trip, motoring with seas so flat at times there weren't even cats paws to mar the surface. So while we couldn't sail...when we arrived later to Christmas Cove, we didn't even have any salt spray to mar our bright and shiny decks. One little hitch on the way, we noticed our port engine hitching and sputtering, and after a quick review the most likely culprit was no fuel...As we had that fuel tank replaced this season, they only put about 5 gallons in the tank, and silly us, we never checked. So mid-sea, and fortunately in a flat, we grabbed a jerry jug and managed to fill the tank and not have to shut the engine down or bleed the fuel lines (which is a PAIN!) ...disaster averted and with fuel, the port engine hums happily along.

It was a wonderful reception here, with many friends awaiting our arrival, and immediately a happy hour aboard was planned....well, to be fair, the happy hour was actually planned before we arrived, Charles & Leslie & Gary & Lee & Sharon & Neal & Roseanne & Willie & Mark... Great to reconnect with friends this cruising season, and hear about the off-season, as well and the plans for this.

As usual the food and drinks were yummy, but more so the laughter was never-ending with one person after the next the target of good-natured ribbing and jabs, wrapped in affection. We kept the anchorage alive until after 9 when the party broke up and smiling happy people headed out to their own boats. This part of the cruising life I really like!

We are planning to stay here with these friends until we head in to pick up Louise and her nephews later in the week. While we stay it is swimming and snorkeling where we find a veritable Fruita Del Mar of multiple Octopus, Squid, Eel, fish, rays and turtles. The sky watching is magnificent, with satellites and shooting stars, and one night an eagle ray jumping 5 times, not 15 feet off our bow. You could practically hear him yelling to the sucker fish that was most likely bothering him..."Get offa me!'

We also were able to spend quality time with Charles & Leslie, catching up for a few hours one afternoon, then again the next night for an amazing duck dinner...complete with chocolate chip coconut rum cookies, fresh out of the oven...oh my! Then another amazing dinner with Gary of super - yummy chicken tarragon, that he assures me meets my 5 ingredient rule...So willing to try making it.

Additionally there is the benefit of lovely sunsets every night, most punctuated with a green flash. And so here stay to relax, get a few boat chores done, swim, visit, read, rest and revel in the amazing beauty God has provided in this beautiful place.
Comments
Vessel Name: Regenero
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 41 S2
Hailing Port: Chicago, IL
Crew: Jim & Karen Doyle
About:
Jim retired from the legal field but continues to lecture and teach as an adjunct professor at several Universities both in Illinois and as well as a US MBA program in Eastern Europe. Karen is currently on hiatus from her job. [...]

Who: Jim & Karen Doyle
Port: Chicago, IL