Regenero's Great Escape

06 February 2016 | Francis Bay, St John, USVI
31 January 2016 | Privateer Bay, Norman Island
16 January 2016 | Christmas Cove
07 January 2016
30 November 2015 | Puerto Del Rey, Puerto Rico
25 February 2015
04 February 2015
18 January 2015
11 January 2015
01 January 2015
31 December 2014
28 December 2014
18 December 2014
09 December 2014
06 December 2014

a chef and a galley slave

09 April 2010 | Spanish Town
April 9, 2010 - Friday
Thursday we rented a car from the airport and spent the day checking out the island of Tortola. We have been here before and wanted to re-familiarize ourselves, as well as find the marina that we will be coming in to on Monday for some work and also do some grocery shopping. Grocery shopping is more of an ordeal than you can imagine. Shop, buy, take your bags to the car if you are fortunate enough to have one, drive to the dingy dock, unload all the little plastic bags (if you forgot again to bring your shopping bags!) haul it all to the dingy, put it in the dingy, drive it out to the boat, hand all the bags up to the boat, tie up the dingy, put the groceries away. Frozen foods are nearly impossible to keep frozen this way, but we are not suffering. In fact, yesterday, our chef extraordinaire Emily cooked up some chocolate pudding and Chicken Picatta, with a salad and Couscous. Jim's new idea of boat food has changed dramatically! I am so outclassed!

This morning we had planned to head back to the baths, but we had spotty showers overnight and woke to a front coming in from the east. Almost identical to last Fridays weather, very strange. So we sat a while and then headed over to Spanish town to pick up a mooring here, and head to the baths in the morning. The winds are blowing 25 with gusts to 30, and the channel was a rock and roll coming over. Even here, the boat is bouncing and our swim was a struggle against the current. But as usual the weather cleared and the day is bright and blue - if gusty. Our shade is up, and we are enjoying another afternoon in the gorgeous Caribbean. With luck, we will have better wifi service next week at the dock in Roadtown.

Comments
Vessel Name: Regenero
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 41 S2
Hailing Port: Chicago, IL
Crew: Jim & Karen Doyle
About:
Jim retired from the legal field but continues to lecture and teach as an adjunct professor at several Universities both in Illinois and as well as a US MBA program in Eastern Europe. Karen is currently on hiatus from her job. [...]

Who: Jim & Karen Doyle
Port: Chicago, IL