Regenero's Great Escape

06 February 2016 | Francis Bay, St John, USVI
31 January 2016 | Privateer Bay, Norman Island
16 January 2016 | Christmas Cove
07 January 2016
30 November 2015 | Puerto Del Rey, Puerto Rico
25 February 2015
04 February 2015
18 January 2015
11 January 2015
01 January 2015
31 December 2014
28 December 2014
18 December 2014
09 December 2014
06 December 2014

A day of rest and then more work

18 April 2010
After arriving on Thursday the wind piped up and we ended up anchoring in 20kts N / NE breeze in Marigot Bay. The bay is wide and shallow with lots of room to anchor, and once set we all fell into a needed sleep. The customs office opens at 9:30, so we cleared in Thursday morning after visiting with Philippe in Marina Ft Louis. After we took Emily to Sarafina's for a decadent pastry and some fresh bread. She had trouble deciding which of the gorgeous pastries to choose and we assured her we would be back. We are all pretty cashed after the overnight and so turned in early (7:30pm for me!) to sleep.

Friday, we decided to rent a car and try to find a Laundromat, wifi, the marine chandlery and some groceries - oh and a lovely lunch at la Belle Epoch on the waterfront at the Marina Port Royal in the lagoon. We found laundry service and Rosalie, my new friend promised to have everything ready tomorrow by 1 when she closes. After using the Wifi and Marina Ft. Louis we are back to the boat and after lunch, no one much feels like dinner. I made it til 8pm Friday, and after two great nights sleeps finally feel better Saturday. Saturday dawns grey and overcast and stays that way the whole day...however, the temp is also down, although not the wind which has been blowing like mad since we got here. It is forecast to lighten up on Sunday and shift from the east.

Today, Sunday nearly everything in St. Martin is closed, so we take a long dingy ride to explore the lagoon and decide we are happier to be out in the bay. The Lagoon is crowded, although there is plenty of room, and the water looks grey, not the gorgeous turquoise we are used to. At some point yesterday we discovered that our French courtesy flag blew away, leaving only the banner where it was attached, so this morning I made up a new, smaller one. And after re-running the flag halyard perhaps we can keep this one as we will need it for Guadeloupe and Martinique and any number of other islands down here.

We are planning to leave St. Martin early this week, Tuesday - ish to start heading down island. Making several long day passages, and just stooping over and going on the next day...weather permitting. Wifi will be spotty, but will do our best to keep in touch as we can.
Comments
Vessel Name: Regenero
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 41 S2
Hailing Port: Chicago, IL
Crew: Jim & Karen Doyle
About:
Jim retired from the legal field but continues to lecture and teach as an adjunct professor at several Universities both in Illinois and as well as a US MBA program in Eastern Europe. Karen is currently on hiatus from her job. [...]

Who: Jim & Karen Doyle
Port: Chicago, IL