Regenero's Great Escape

06 February 2016 | Francis Bay, St John, USVI
31 January 2016 | Privateer Bay, Norman Island
16 January 2016 | Christmas Cove
07 January 2016
30 November 2015 | Puerto Del Rey, Puerto Rico
25 February 2015
04 February 2015
18 January 2015
11 January 2015
01 January 2015
31 December 2014
28 December 2014
18 December 2014
09 December 2014
06 December 2014

Hurricane Watch?

29 October 2010
Friday, October 29, 2010

Well it's been a busy few days - and fun ones as well. Wednesday I jumped on the bus to Pricesmart (the local Sam's Club) and had a lovely hour picking up those extra necessities...in bulk, then spent the rest of the day sewing. Raymond and Cort were back to finish putting the engine back together and it is now looking good. Although we did find a small problem with both our port started button, and the bilge pump on that side...But Raymond sorted it all out for us and now we are looking very good.

On Thursday we went over to Budget and ordered our new dingy, engine and a bunch of chain for our primary anchor. We are now super preferred customers at our favorite chandlery...which is good because our buying spree is not quite over. Another visit from Raymond...and both our engines are in excellent shape now! We found someone who is interested in our Dingy and engine, so looks like that is a good deal coming. Thursday Evening, after the rain, we took the water taxi over to Crews Inn for the Potluck to visit Lee & Sharon. We had a ball! Although it was a small crowd, we had many laughs and were able to enjoy the evening, clean, dry and with no work.

Today, the news is all about a storm brewing actually South of us, which is rare, that has an 80% chance of becoming a Tropical Storm, and potentially a Tropical Cyclone. The skies are full of thin, wispy clouds and the wind is up. We are prepping the boat as if we are getting ready for the worst, just in case...but as our trini friends are telling us, generally - they just get A LOT of Rain. So we are planning movie night tonight, a night in...and a trip to the Fresh Market tomorrow - 6:30am.
Comments
Vessel Name: Regenero
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 41 S2
Hailing Port: Chicago, IL
Crew: Jim & Karen Doyle
About:
Jim retired from the legal field but continues to lecture and teach as an adjunct professor at several Universities both in Illinois and as well as a US MBA program in Eastern Europe. Karen is currently on hiatus from her job. [...]

Who: Jim & Karen Doyle
Port: Chicago, IL