Regenero's Great Escape

06 February 2016 | Francis Bay, St John, USVI
31 January 2016 | Privateer Bay, Norman Island
16 January 2016 | Christmas Cove
07 January 2016
30 November 2015 | Puerto Del Rey, Puerto Rico
25 February 2015
04 February 2015
18 January 2015
11 January 2015
01 January 2015
31 December 2014
28 December 2014
18 December 2014
09 December 2014
06 December 2014

Back in Paradise - grading papers

19 April 2011
Karen
April, 1st – Back in Paradise

After a wonderful visit (for me) and a lot of work for Jim we sadly left our friends in Romania and flew home on Monday Mar 28th. A loooooong day flying west brought us to Ohare about 6pm where we learned the real hazard of travelling during spring break. One Thousand people were in the immigration queues waiting to clear into the US…holy cow! NEVER have we seen it like this! Fortunately, the line Jim chose moved quickly and we were though in 25 minutes. Luggage collected, customs cleared and we on our way home with Louise who had dinner in the oven for us.

After running around like mad on Tuesday, to the accountant, the bank, to wifi, and a visit with Mom we finally got the suitcases packed (all 4 huge ones) and we were ready to leave on Wednesday….Note to self – 1 day turnaround between international destinations…NOT ENOUGH!

However – travel all went well – and by Wednesday evening, 7pm we were landing in Grenada in the balmy bliss of 75 degrees.

The past few weeks have found Jim up every morning checking email and reviewing papers. He finalized and sent the last batch of grades off on Monday. It has been warm, but mostly dry these past few weeks (except for a day or two) and we have definitely enjoyed the pool in the afternoons when it is too hot to want to do anything else. We have met some lovely new friends from Canada and Slovenia, as well as finally met Vicky while she was here with Joost.

Last Friday night we went to the museum downtown where they have free entertainment every Friday. This evening it was a drum group who also had a mocoJumby, which is a guy on stilts pretending to be a spirit. Personally I found him to be rather disturbing, but the drumming was very entertaining, and the costumes as well. A few of us (Richard, Vicky, Joost, Serge & Lucy) stayed for dinner at the bistro afterward and the food was wonderful – the company even better! We came back to the Marina Bar and pretended to dance while we enjoyed an after dinner drink. But it was a good, good night!

So now we are beginning to plan the last stages of our season. It is amazing how quickly time flies and the preparations and haulouts begin.
Comments
Vessel Name: Regenero
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 41 S2
Hailing Port: Chicago, IL
Crew: Jim & Karen Doyle
About:
Jim retired from the legal field but continues to lecture and teach as an adjunct professor at several Universities both in Illinois and as well as a US MBA program in Eastern Europe. Karen is currently on hiatus from her job. [...]

Who: Jim & Karen Doyle
Port: Chicago, IL