Regenero's Great Escape

06 February 2016 | Francis Bay, St John, USVI
31 January 2016 | Privateer Bay, Norman Island
16 January 2016 | Christmas Cove
07 January 2016
30 November 2015 | Puerto Del Rey, Puerto Rico
25 February 2015
04 February 2015
18 January 2015
11 January 2015
01 January 2015
31 December 2014
28 December 2014
18 December 2014
09 December 2014
06 December 2014

A much different route home?

30 April 2011
Karen
April 30th

After having so much fun (and spending soo much time) replacing the three hatches we determined that we would need to do a few more! The far forward starboard locker was leaking and the rear starboard head hatch was looking iffy…so yesterday we bit the bullet and spent 4 hours replacing those two. So now we know it is a 2 hour (rather than 2 DAY) job, per hatch! Frankly…we haven’t tested them yet…a very scientific process where Jim stands on the deck with an open hose and I stand under the hatch and pray…but we have great confidence, provided by the amount of BLACK sealant oozing from everywhere along the hatch edges. By George….I think we’ve got it. (Dear Backseaters…No more fighting – we have saved the last 6 for you to do next year, guess you’ll have to spend a month!)

We had some fun events this past week, last Monday we joined Richard and Joost for dinner at the marina restaurant in preparation for Joost’s departure on Wednesday. On Tuesday, it was Fajita night aboard Regenero so we started with some wine on Marie Galante, then moved over here to nosh on steak fajitas with Richard & Joost – a fond farewell gathering.

Wednesday we were up early to cast off Outer Limits as Joost began his trip north. By 7:30 he was free in the harbor and on his way. Thursday afternoon our Friends from Wurplayin’ came back from their cruise to the Grenadines and so we joined them for dinner over at Whisper Cove. The kids had a great time catching Geckos before dinner then we took the bus ride back!

After much discussion it looks like we will be crewing for Joost on Outer Limits from the BVI’s to Beaufort, NC when he brings his boat to the states late May early June. This will be 1300 miles of open, Atlantic water, and since he averages about 5 kts the trip will take about 12 days or so. This is still subject to weather and various other factors, but it looks like we will be heading home via a much different route. As always, we’ll keep you informed!

Today is Saturday and we have a standing Skype call with the grandkids to have breakfast together, which is just a pure joy for us and really helps us stay connected. Then it was on to change the oil in both the engines and try to get another locker cleared out and organized. Chores, chores, chores.
Comments
Vessel Name: Regenero
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 41 S2
Hailing Port: Chicago, IL
Crew: Jim & Karen Doyle
About:
Jim retired from the legal field but continues to lecture and teach as an adjunct professor at several Universities both in Illinois and as well as a US MBA program in Eastern Europe. Karen is currently on hiatus from her job. [...]

Who: Jim & Karen Doyle
Port: Chicago, IL