Regenero's Great Escape

06 February 2016 | Francis Bay, St John, USVI
31 January 2016 | Privateer Bay, Norman Island
16 January 2016 | Christmas Cove
07 January 2016
30 November 2015 | Puerto Del Rey, Puerto Rico
25 February 2015
04 February 2015
18 January 2015
11 January 2015
01 January 2015
31 December 2014
28 December 2014
18 December 2014
09 December 2014
06 December 2014

The wind is gusting to WHAT?!

15 December 2011
Karen
Thursday, December 15, 2011

After more than a week of light and easy winds, a low east of here shifted and overnight the winds piped up…which is nice for the breeze, not so much for the noise and the fact that this morning we are heading over to the Crown Bay Marina for a few days to get the boat ready for friends who are coming in on Saturday night. The winds are between 15 & 20, with gusts reading 28 –yeow! And we have to pick up our anchor and avoid hitting this bozo who anchored a little too close to us…fortunately Jim is an expert at the helm and when we finally retrieved our, very well dug in anchor, we were within 20 feet of him..ok – believe it or not, that was the easy part. Now we have to go and put the boat in a slip that is certainly wide enough for us, but has concrete piers that only come out about 25 feet…a bit like wearing a hospital gown with your back end open to the breeze!

Again, Jim is an expert, and we had an excellent dock hand on the pier to catch our lines and snug us in. OK – so we are here! About 10 minutes from the airport (for those who might want to know!), on the safari bus route to town, with a restaurant, a grocery store, etc all right here.

Tomorrow, more work – but for today we are relaxing, getting the laundry done, getting on the internet figuring out where to get the stuff we need, and on and on…But for now, let me say…we really LOVE St. Thomas! it nice being in America.
Comments
Vessel Name: Regenero
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 41 S2
Hailing Port: Chicago, IL
Crew: Jim & Karen Doyle
About:
Jim retired from the legal field but continues to lecture and teach as an adjunct professor at several Universities both in Illinois and as well as a US MBA program in Eastern Europe. Karen is currently on hiatus from her job. [...]

Who: Jim & Karen Doyle
Port: Chicago, IL