Regenero's Great Escape

06 February 2016 | Francis Bay, St John, USVI
31 January 2016 | Privateer Bay, Norman Island
16 January 2016 | Christmas Cove
07 January 2016
30 November 2015 | Puerto Del Rey, Puerto Rico
25 February 2015
04 February 2015
18 January 2015
11 January 2015
01 January 2015
31 December 2014
28 December 2014
18 December 2014
09 December 2014
06 December 2014

A few days of rest in The Bight

06 February 2012
Karen
Feb 4th – Sat
Thursday Morning after discovering that one of our mooring lines had snapped overnight we headed out to The Bight for a few days of calm water and relaxation. On our way we saw the Star Clipper, full sails up and heading south. Truly a lovely sight under sail, and looks very romantic, but still we prefer our way. We arrive at the Bight to find a handful of boats only, beautiful, peaceful, restful…ahhhh. Friday, the last day for many charterers, the boats start pouring in again, and here we see the flotilla boats that came into Trellis Bay last Sunday, identified by the common flag they all are flying. We are guessing that this is a race club of some sort, as they act like it, with many boats having 20 & 30 somethings, some a little older, with couples and a few guys only boats. Late in the afternoon, just past sundown all the dingies gathered over on the Flagship boat moored behind us and had a paddle race around the Willy T and back where they used paddles and swim fins as propulsion. There is always some sort of entertainment here! Afterward they easily had 45 or so people on the boat for a gathering which lasted well into the night as Jim was awake at 1:30 to see the party still going on…and apparently for some it continued, as we saw girls and a guy being delivered to different boats before 7 this morning….ahhh youth! Interesting how you can tell the day of the week by the boat traffic. Here it is Saturday morning and by 10am, over 60 boats have cleared The Bight and on their way back to RoadTown to prepare to depart the Islands. Poor Saps!

Monday, Feb 6th – we are now in Sopers Hole, moored for a few days to do another provisioning run. And as WIFI is available …we have posted the last month of activity…finally, enjoy – and please – comment…I am feeling disconnected from all things at home!
Comments
Vessel Name: Regenero
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 41 S2
Hailing Port: Chicago, IL
Crew: Jim & Karen Doyle
About:
Jim retired from the legal field but continues to lecture and teach as an adjunct professor at several Universities both in Illinois and as well as a US MBA program in Eastern Europe. Karen is currently on hiatus from her job. [...]

Who: Jim & Karen Doyle
Port: Chicago, IL