Regenero's Great Escape

06 February 2016 | Francis Bay, St John, USVI
31 January 2016 | Privateer Bay, Norman Island
16 January 2016 | Christmas Cove
07 January 2016
30 November 2015 | Puerto Del Rey, Puerto Rico
25 February 2015
04 February 2015
18 January 2015
11 January 2015
01 January 2015
31 December 2014
28 December 2014
18 December 2014
09 December 2014
06 December 2014

Esperanza, Vieques

27 March 2012
Karen
Tuesday, March 27, 12

Moving again today, about a mile north to the anchorage outside of the town of Esperanza. After making sure we are well-hooked, we drop the dingy and go exploring. We met some people aboard another boat who gave a waypoint to John and Ginny for a good western anchorage. This we intend to anchor at tomorrow and use as a jumping off spot on Thursday to head for Salinas.

We head for the dingy dock to town and cruise right over a spotted eagle ray in clear water. Ashore we find a charming main street filled with shops, restaurants, and one block back guest houses and private homes. The main street has a bricked walkway that looks out over the sea and as we gaze out we see the eagle ray jumping out of the water...yippee. I still don't know why they do it...but we enjoy watching just the same. We discover the nearest comida, or grocery store, the stadium for baseball which was lit up so brightly last night, and an elementary school with kids tearing around on the playground....some things are universal.

After a nice lunch with Wind Shepherd we picked up few things at the grocery then headed back to the boat for a swim. We swam out to the small island we are sheltered behind, where we have seen a dive buoy, and along the way check to make sure our anchor is well dug in. Amongst a sea of grass we spot a lone starfish, a southern stingray and our friend the eagle ray winging along.
Comments
Vessel Name: Regenero
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 41 S2
Hailing Port: Chicago, IL
Crew: Jim & Karen Doyle
About:
Jim retired from the legal field but continues to lecture and teach as an adjunct professor at several Universities both in Illinois and as well as a US MBA program in Eastern Europe. Karen is currently on hiatus from her job. [...]

Who: Jim & Karen Doyle
Port: Chicago, IL