Regenero's Great Escape

06 February 2016 | Francis Bay, St John, USVI
31 January 2016 | Privateer Bay, Norman Island
16 January 2016 | Christmas Cove
07 January 2016
30 November 2015 | Puerto Del Rey, Puerto Rico
25 February 2015
04 February 2015
18 January 2015
11 January 2015
01 January 2015
31 December 2014
28 December 2014
18 December 2014
09 December 2014
06 December 2014

Busy week here in St. Maarten

14 April 2012
Karen
Saturday, April 14, 2012

After finding the electronics guys and identifing the right part to purchase, then stopping at Budget Marine to buy it, oh, and a few other items we might be needing, we are ready for the rigger. Wednesday, he was able to install our new windex in just over an hour and viola…we have speed and direction again.

St. Martin is a duty free port, so if you need IT, this is about the best place to buy IT…whatever IT is. So, we have made the rounds to the Island Water World, Budget, and Ace Hardware store, as well as the town of Marigot this week, where we found Seraphina’s as wonderful as ever, and in addition to the usual array of vendors and booths we discovered a sidewalk sale on Saturday. Lee and Cindy on Tranquility, introduced us to a terrific Ice Cream / Gelato place on the lagoon called Carousel, so named for the beautiful Venitian Carousel they have. And one afternoon, after ice cream we headed over to the yacht club to watch the bridge opening. The 4:30 outbound traffic included two large sailing mega yachts, one headed to Ft. Lauderdale…which they intend to make in 5 days…WOW!

One thing I really need to learn is how to operate the dingy, so Saturday I was in charge of all our errands…Driving the dingy is actually pretty easy…what is hard is stopping, docking, trying to get back to the boat or pier without banging into it…this takes a little (or in my case, A LOT) of practice. However running wide open at 100 miles, (ok – maybe 25!) per hour is great fun!

They are predicting a wind event this Sunday, so we are all getting ready to hunker down, and weather the winds which are predicted to be up to 30 in the gusts.
Comments
Vessel Name: Regenero
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 41 S2
Hailing Port: Chicago, IL
Crew: Jim & Karen Doyle
About:
Jim retired from the legal field but continues to lecture and teach as an adjunct professor at several Universities both in Illinois and as well as a US MBA program in Eastern Europe. Karen is currently on hiatus from her job. [...]

Who: Jim & Karen Doyle
Port: Chicago, IL