Regenero's Great Escape

06 February 2016 | Francis Bay, St John, USVI
31 January 2016 | Privateer Bay, Norman Island
16 January 2016 | Christmas Cove
07 January 2016
30 November 2015 | Puerto Del Rey, Puerto Rico
25 February 2015
04 February 2015
18 January 2015
11 January 2015
01 January 2015
31 December 2014
28 December 2014
18 December 2014
09 December 2014
06 December 2014

Home again - Grenada

03 May 2012
Karen
Thursday, May 3rd

On our way home.

Up anchor (which worked out fine despite our shallow depth and worries!) and setting sail by 6am... The winds are perfect and we are sailing along at 7-7.5 knts in seas mostly less than 2 feet, with a bright sky overhead. Now THIS is what I went sailing for! We passed by Carriacou, then all the smaller islands south, and skirted the underwater volcano, and before we knew it we were along the coast of Grenada and still sailing strong - but the squalls are ahead. Finally, we decide its time to douse the sails, and it was good timing too, since the squall hit in earnest and I was very shortly soaking wet as I stood watch out in the weather, while Jim monitored the Radar from the helm. We ran the gauntlet of fishing boats, hardy souls out fishing in any weather and dodged two northbound ferries before making it thru the rain and to St. Georges.

I called in to the marina as we passed under the shadow of the fort, and when Derek replied he said "Regenero - Welcome Home!" Truly - it feels like we are home here. By 12Noon, we are tied up to the dock and ready to do very little the rest of the day...except there are a few things we must attend to. So after a quick snack, we took a long, fresh water shower, in air conditioned luxury, then attended to customs, then checked into the marina and finally took a walk over to visit Merry & Nigel at The Merry Baker, just up the road. Ok - NOW we're home - and it's off to the pool!
Comments
Vessel Name: Regenero
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 41 S2
Hailing Port: Chicago, IL
Crew: Jim & Karen Doyle
About:
Jim retired from the legal field but continues to lecture and teach as an adjunct professor at several Universities both in Illinois and as well as a US MBA program in Eastern Europe. Karen is currently on hiatus from her job. [...]

Who: Jim & Karen Doyle
Port: Chicago, IL