Regenero's Great Escape

06 February 2016 | Francis Bay, St John, USVI
31 January 2016 | Privateer Bay, Norman Island
16 January 2016 | Christmas Cove
07 January 2016
30 November 2015 | Puerto Del Rey, Puerto Rico
25 February 2015
04 February 2015
18 January 2015
11 January 2015
01 January 2015
31 December 2014
28 December 2014
18 December 2014
09 December 2014
06 December 2014

Past the 16th Parallel (Happy Birthday Hans!)

08 December 2012
Karen
After another 5:20am wake up we leave Dominica and head for the north end of Guadeloupe. The winds are really blowing today – 20 – 25, with gusts to 29, and we soon find ourselves sailing along at 9.5 knts…We are so excited we try to take a picture of the GPS, which is trickier than you might think. Soon after we are pushing 9.9 knts and then into the 10s. Surfing down one wave we hit sustained boat speed of 11.5 knts. Holy cow - our hair was on fire. We made 30 miles in 3.5 hours, and 50 miles in 6. What a sail! The cut was especially bumpy, and we were VERY glad to hit the island shadow today, then do nothing more strenuous than watch for floats in flat calm water.

We arrive in Deshaies about 12:30…and were glad to be anchored in this pretty little bay, one of our favorites. After topping off the fuel tanks, we go to shore to check in and discover that the Internet café opens at 4pm, so we get our diesel, and then stop for lunch at our favorite place with a beautiful harbor view. After clearing customs, we get our ice, and bread for the morning and then head back to the boat.

Another benefit to Deshaies, is that you can get WiFi out in the bay, so we check the weather and quickly decide that the conditions are deteriorating and while tomorrow may be OK, Monday thru Thursday are lousy, and we would rather sit here, than unprotected in Nevis. So here we sit, listening to the church bells chime each hour until Friday at the earliest.
Comments
Vessel Name: Regenero
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 41 S2
Hailing Port: Chicago, IL
Crew: Jim & Karen Doyle
About:
Jim retired from the legal field but continues to lecture and teach as an adjunct professor at several Universities both in Illinois and as well as a US MBA program in Eastern Europe. Karen is currently on hiatus from her job. [...]

Who: Jim & Karen Doyle
Port: Chicago, IL