Regenero's Great Escape

06 February 2016 | Francis Bay, St John, USVI
31 January 2016 | Privateer Bay, Norman Island
16 January 2016 | Christmas Cove
07 January 2016
30 November 2015 | Puerto Del Rey, Puerto Rico
25 February 2015
04 February 2015
18 January 2015
11 January 2015
01 January 2015
31 December 2014
28 December 2014
18 December 2014
09 December 2014
06 December 2014

Christmas Eve

24 December 2012
Karen
Monday, December 24th, 2012

Christmas Eve

A lovely bright day, so we joined several other couples and took a hike over to the Annaberg Sugar Mill ruins. Had to get back in the habit of beaching the dingy again, and I have to say that given the option...I do prefer a dingy dock! Even the lightest weight aluminium dingy that we have (plus engine!) weighs over 200 lbs (of course it is nearly 12 feet long)....and so up, up the beach she goes....up past the high surf line...uug! We eventually discovered to wait until others have arrived on the beach...and then they will help!

When we got back to the boat a nap seems to be the best idea...then, 5 pm rolled around and it was time.

We joined the dingy raft up...which was Crazy! 20 dingys, all tied to a swim buoy and each passing appetizers all around, eating, drinking, and laughing...well, tied up that is until someone untied us, and now we were about 15 dingys all drifting together past the boats. Someone behind Jim said...'gee, I hope the people in this catamaran don't mind us joining them' and it wasn't until that moment that that he realized we were drifting. A few on the outer edges started their engines and then we were all hanging off the back of Regenero...for a while, until we were set adrift again and ended up attached to Allegro just behind us. Good thing too, as the current was fresh, and there was only one boat left in the anchorage behind them, and they didn't join our group...so we shouldn't, really, impose on them!

A strange and fun Christmas Eve, however we miss our dear ones at home...Merry Christmas!
Comments
Vessel Name: Regenero
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 41 S2
Hailing Port: Chicago, IL
Crew: Jim & Karen Doyle
About:
Jim retired from the legal field but continues to lecture and teach as an adjunct professor at several Universities both in Illinois and as well as a US MBA program in Eastern Europe. Karen is currently on hiatus from her job. [...]

Who: Jim & Karen Doyle
Port: Chicago, IL