Regenero's Great Escape

06 February 2016 | Francis Bay, St John, USVI
31 January 2016 | Privateer Bay, Norman Island
16 January 2016 | Christmas Cove
07 January 2016
30 November 2015 | Puerto Del Rey, Puerto Rico
25 February 2015
04 February 2015
18 January 2015
11 January 2015
01 January 2015
31 December 2014
28 December 2014
18 December 2014
09 December 2014
06 December 2014

Just Chillin'

11 March 2013
Karen
Monday, March 11, 2013

Hmm…it’s amazing how fast a week goes by! We heard from Mike & Lynne late on Wednesday and fortunately they did make it home early in the wee hours of Wednesday. A long c-c-cold return to reality for them.

For us, it was clean up, shop, and hang with OJ until Thursday, when we left the docks and headed out for Christmas Cove, and several days of nothing. We picked up a can here and shortly ran into Charles and Leslie, just back from the North in their brand new bi-i-ig dinghy. We visited for a while, then had them back for happy hour and a long visit to catch up before they were off to work.

As for us, we have been chilling, enjoying the calm and beautiful water, and the activity. There is always something to see here, day boats coming in with snorkelers, sailing regattas and lessons from the Yacht Club across the way, ferries and other boats cruising thru Current Cut, just north of where we are sitting. Cruise ships leaving Charlotte Amalie, roughly 7 miles form here.

Some Dolphins stopped in for a late afternoon visit the other day and we watched them cruising thru the bay. And there regularly are rays jumping. Sometimes you just hear their big splash, and sometimes we are lucky enough to catch them at it.

The winds are relatively calm here this week, however there is a MAJOR north swell event going on with waves 10-12 feet on the north side. So lots of boats are hiding out here and in the southern Bays of St. John, just waiting it out. The other night, one of the cruise boats left Charlotte Amalie around 4pm, and at 7:30 it was still visible, just hanging in the shadow of the island. Now that’s SLOW cruising, especially for a boat that can make 25 knots!
Comments
Vessel Name: Regenero
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 41 S2
Hailing Port: Chicago, IL
Crew: Jim & Karen Doyle
About:
Jim retired from the legal field but continues to lecture and teach as an adjunct professor at several Universities both in Illinois and as well as a US MBA program in Eastern Europe. Karen is currently on hiatus from her job. [...]

Who: Jim & Karen Doyle
Port: Chicago, IL