Regenero's Great Escape

06 February 2016 | Francis Bay, St John, USVI
31 January 2016 | Privateer Bay, Norman Island
16 January 2016 | Christmas Cove
07 January 2016
30 November 2015 | Puerto Del Rey, Puerto Rico
25 February 2015
04 February 2015
18 January 2015
11 January 2015
01 January 2015
31 December 2014
28 December 2014
18 December 2014
09 December 2014
06 December 2014

On our way back

20 March 2013
Karen
Wednesday, Mar 20th, 2013


After a few last minute stops Tuesday morning, we were off to Culebra, where we picked up a mooring at Malone’s beach. There is a wonderful reef here, with lots of soft corals and so Denise and I went to visit our friends for a while. The only problem was the water was a little chilly….

This morning it was up and out early, and headed back to St. Thomas. We put up the sails and enjoyed sailing pretty close to the wind as we beat into the easterly breeze…we sailed about70 percent the way, and it was near 1pm when we were heading into Christmas Cove, and rejoining Regenero, who was waiting patiently for us! Unfortunately, just as we are approaching the mooring an engine alarm goes off and we discover gallons of water pouring into the port engine. While Frank and Jim bail water, Denise shuts down the engine and she maneuvers the boat on one engine and puts me right on top of the mooring ball…Way to go at the helm girl! After a quick trouble shoot, and the bilge pumps working, Frank Isolates the problem and with two phone calls they have a hoist arranged for the boat and a mechanic on the way…however, it is 2 hours away. So they quickly get us and our many, many purchases in the dingy and run back to Regenero, and off they go to get OJ repaired.

We worried about them, until we heard from them near 3:30pm telling us that fabulous Frank, ID’d and Fixed the problem while underway, and they were having the mechanic check it out…They’ll be back tomorrow….Good thing, ‘cause we forgot to get our passports back!
Comments
Vessel Name: Regenero
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 41 S2
Hailing Port: Chicago, IL
Crew: Jim & Karen Doyle
About:
Jim retired from the legal field but continues to lecture and teach as an adjunct professor at several Universities both in Illinois and as well as a US MBA program in Eastern Europe. Karen is currently on hiatus from her job. [...]

Who: Jim & Karen Doyle
Port: Chicago, IL