Regenero's Great Escape

06 February 2016 | Francis Bay, St John, USVI
31 January 2016 | Privateer Bay, Norman Island
16 January 2016 | Christmas Cove
07 January 2016
30 November 2015 | Puerto Del Rey, Puerto Rico
25 February 2015
04 February 2015
18 January 2015
11 January 2015
01 January 2015
31 December 2014
28 December 2014
18 December 2014
09 December 2014
06 December 2014

A lot can change in ten days….

10 April 2013
Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Well, we are still at the docks in Crown Bay, but it’s been a crazy busy 10 days…
Things we did;
Met with a rigger to diagnose our Jib issue…eeww…it’s icky. Both top and bottom units are blown, so it’s a full replacement, which should be done by Friday the 12th.
Laundry – such fun to have clean towels again.
Had Herman stop by to reinstall our Wind Display…bad news…still not working, so he did some trouble shooting…more to come on that project.
Dinner with Carrie and Carl from LaCreole/Firefly – super fun new friends.
Hung out with OJ over at YHG and celebrated their 15th wedding anniversary…you crazy honeymooners!
Visited with Wind Shepherd a few times, and ate burgers at Shipwrecks
Had Herman up the mast to replace the Wind Mast head unit…SUCCESS…we have wind direction AND speed, again…Perfection…Yippee! Captain will no longer need to stick his head out the window to check wind direction.
And made about a million phone calls to change, adjust and redo plans for our haul-out. The long and short of it is this. Do to news from home we are going to haul Regenero on Tortola on Monday, April 15th… and fly home on April 18th. This is a big departure from our plans to haul in Grenada a month from now, but necessary based on several factors. We took the ferry over to Tortola yesterday to finalize arrangements, which was quite the trip. On paper there are about 6 ferries leaving between 8:00 and 8:45 to Tortola, they even have schedules on the various boards. In reality, there is only one ferry leaving, at 8:30……The Fast ferry to Tortola, which arrived ½ hour early, but left ½ hour late…why? Who knows, just the way it is. Then it looses an engine just outside of the harbor and so the Fast Ferry becomes the Slow Boat, and we arrive roughly an hour and a half late to Tortola. A taxi to the boatyard where we get things organized, then when we get back to the ferry dock at 12:30 we purchase tickets on the 2:30 ferry and plan to have a little lunch…however, a tour boat is leaving RIGHT NOW, back to Charlotte Amalie, and they whisk us onto the boat in minutes…by 1:30, we are back on St. Thomas…Somehow it all works out..I don’t know how, it just does!

So here we are stripping sails, running messenger lines, replacing the head hatch that has been broken for two months, scrubbing and waxing the boat, vacuum-bagging pillows, linens and clothes, hauling out the suitcases, changing flights, and hotels, and in general tickin’ things off the list so we are ready on Monday. Whew…it’s gonna be a whirlwind…but like I said, somehow, it’ll all work out.
Comments
Vessel Name: Regenero
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 41 S2
Hailing Port: Chicago, IL
Crew: Jim & Karen Doyle
About:
Jim retired from the legal field but continues to lecture and teach as an adjunct professor at several Universities both in Illinois and as well as a US MBA program in Eastern Europe. Karen is currently on hiatus from her job. [...]

Who: Jim & Karen Doyle
Port: Chicago, IL