Regenero's Great Escape

06 February 2016 | Francis Bay, St John, USVI
31 January 2016 | Privateer Bay, Norman Island
16 January 2016 | Christmas Cove
07 January 2016
30 November 2015 | Puerto Del Rey, Puerto Rico
25 February 2015
04 February 2015
18 January 2015
11 January 2015
01 January 2015
31 December 2014
28 December 2014
18 December 2014
09 December 2014
06 December 2014

A visit from the rigger

29 November 2014
Karen
Friday, November 29, 2014 A visit from the rigger

The winds are completely down, so today is the best day to run the reefing lines on the mainsail…fortunately we remembered how and were able to leave the mainsail up while we were working. Shortly, we had the aft lines secured, and moved on to the forward lines…which I tied up quickly…only later to realize I did it completely wrong! oh well, the good news is the forward lines are MUCH easier to get to.

This afternoon, Jorge the rigger came to work on our various items. Fix the mainsheet issue – done; fix the base of the boom – done; check the alignment of the mast – done; install a sail stopper in the mast track – half done; service the winches…well, they are gone now, and Jorge will be servicing them at home, then reinstalling them early next week.

Watching him take them apart was an education in itself. We have both attended those boat show seminars where they give you the theory…but it’s a bit of a different story when it is the dirty, greasy winch attached to your boat that is the issue. Much better to have the expert walk you thru the process.

While working up on the coach roof with Jorge, Jim spotted a 6 foot Manatee surfacing just beside the boat. This is a Manatee Protected zone, but as they are so elusive, we rarely see them. Walking up the docks last week I saw a baby for about 2 seconds while it surfaced, but Jim was able to watch this one for a bit longer. Very nice…we like this neighborhood!
Comments
Vessel Name: Regenero
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 41 S2
Hailing Port: Chicago, IL
Crew: Jim & Karen Doyle
About:
Jim retired from the legal field but continues to lecture and teach as an adjunct professor at several Universities both in Illinois and as well as a US MBA program in Eastern Europe. Karen is currently on hiatus from her job. [...]

Who: Jim & Karen Doyle
Port: Chicago, IL