Regenero's Great Escape

06 February 2016 | Francis Bay, St John, USVI
31 January 2016 | Privateer Bay, Norman Island
16 January 2016 | Christmas Cove
07 January 2016
30 November 2015 | Puerto Del Rey, Puerto Rico
25 February 2015
04 February 2015
18 January 2015
11 January 2015
01 January 2015
31 December 2014
28 December 2014
18 December 2014
09 December 2014
06 December 2014

The right man for the job!

01 December 2014
Karen
Monday, Dec 1st
As we are waiting for technicians today we finally get around to cleaning out our aft lockers and then the big job...tightening the Trampoline. Our rigger gave us a tip on how to use a tool to pull the tramp, so we can get it nice and taut...Neighbors, your idea was almost right on when you helped us last year! So, while it wasn't quite as fun as when all eight of us were sprawled on deck, pulling, tugging and tightening, between Jim's strength and my willingness to crouch, crawl and balance in weird ways, the job is done.
While basking in finishing this job, our technician Jose Nazario shows up. Jose turns out to be THE # 1 GUY ever for our electronics! We asked him to connect the Speedo, and maybe take a look at our wind speed as we still had not identified the problem from last year. So, panels come off, and fishing of the cable begins, and it goes on, and on and ON...with the steps off, hands shoved in too small cubbies, the lockers open and random other panels removed the cables are pushed and pulled until finally, with Jose telling Jim yes, pull, pull...the cable snaps...oops...

'Don't worry', Jose tells me...I'm not worried I reply...based on his speed, knowledge and skill we already know that he is the right guy for the job. Finally, with one last panel removed we find the problem, the wires are knotted...yes KNOTTED, intentionally, at the base of the helm. They were NEVER going thru that way. Jose fixes the problem, then, like butter, the cables are run thru the opening and he moves on to the connections. Shortly he has the connections made, and while he thought he might have to return with a test kit for the wind speed, the next thing we know he says...'wind speed works'...works - What? 'Yes' he says 'one of the connectors was bad, the ground fitting so I repaired it, it works now' Hallelujah! He also then connected our new compass, and made sure the sticky gasket from the base of the wind speed was put back in place, as that had been off since last season.
Amazing, wonderful, terrific....and a whole host of other adjectives to describe this great guy. Once again Bobby steers us to only the very best in people. Today...was a VERY good day!
Comments
Vessel Name: Regenero
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 41 S2
Hailing Port: Chicago, IL
Crew: Jim & Karen Doyle
About:
Jim retired from the legal field but continues to lecture and teach as an adjunct professor at several Universities both in Illinois and as well as a US MBA program in Eastern Europe. Karen is currently on hiatus from her job. [...]

Who: Jim & Karen Doyle
Port: Chicago, IL