S/V Restless Journey to Alaska 2017

28 July 2018
28 July 2018
24 July 2018 | Tofino, BC
19 July 2018
19 July 2018 | Tahsis, BC Westview Marina Resort
12 July 2018 | Port Alice
06 July 2018 | Port Mcneil
29 June 2018 | Cortes Bay, Cortes Island, British Columbia
02 August 2017 | Seattle, WA
24 July 2017 | Cortes Bay
24 July 2017 | Cortes Bay, BC
23 July 2017 | Cortes Bay, Cortes Island, BC
23 July 2017 | Cortes Bay, BC
23 July 2017 | Cortes Bay, BC
15 July 2017 | Shearwater, BC
14 July 2017 | Shearwater
09 July 2017 | Prince Rupert

Prince Rupert to Shearwater

20 July 2011
We left Prince Rupert and motored to Lowe Inlet where we anchored for the night in front of the waterfall...it was beautiful when we arrived. We were met in Greenville Channel by one of the Celebrity Cruise ships. We got up the next morning to overcast and drizzle. We motor sailed to Butedale where we tied up for the night. We delivered the 50 ft water hose we bought in Petersburg for Lou to use on the dock. We met two canoers who are canoeing from Tacoma to Wrangell where Collin (one of the canoers) lives. He is traveling with his friend Tye. We invited them for dinner where we had shrimp etouffee. We then sat by a fire that Lou built and listened to his stories. We left the next morning and headed to Bottleneck Inlet. We were the first to arrived, but by the end of the day there were 10 boats anchored there including us. We had a steak dinner with garlice mashed potatoes and lettuce and tomato salad.
We left yesterday morning (Tuesday the 19th) for Rescue Bay. On the way we slowed to fish. Mike hooked two fish but was unable to land them. After listeninhg to the weather forecast we decided to go on down to Bella Bella for the night. We moored at Bella Bella and had the rest of the halibut we caught in Alaska. This morning we made a trip the grocery store to reprovision and then refueled. After topping off the water tanks we motored over to Shearwater which was only about 2 miles. It's pouring rain and the wind is up. We got a pier space with power...and Boomerang is moored outboard. We are doing laundry and will eat at the restaurant tonight. We'll stay here until the weather breaks and head for Namu.
Comments
Vessel Name: RESTLESS
Vessel Make/Model: Beneteau 393
Hailing Port: SEATTLE
Crew: Mike Morgan and Jim McIlvaine
About: USNA Classmates and company mates
Extra: We will be cruising to Alaska this summer
RESTLESS's Photos - Main
Pictures from our trip to Alaska
8 Photos
Created 7 May 2014