S/V Restless Journey to Alaska 2017

28 July 2018
28 July 2018
24 July 2018 | Tofino, BC
19 July 2018
19 July 2018 | Tahsis, BC Westview Marina Resort
12 July 2018 | Port Alice
06 July 2018 | Port Mcneil
29 June 2018 | Cortes Bay, Cortes Island, British Columbia
02 August 2017 | Seattle, WA
24 July 2017 | Cortes Bay
24 July 2017 | Cortes Bay, BC
23 July 2017 | Cortes Bay, Cortes Island, BC
23 July 2017 | Cortes Bay, BC
23 July 2017 | Cortes Bay, BC
15 July 2017 | Shearwater, BC
14 July 2017 | Shearwater
09 July 2017 | Prince Rupert

SYC Opening Day and Start of trip to Alaska

10 May 2017 | Friday Harbor, San Juan Island, WA
Ron, cloudy 65 degrees
My last blog to Alaska was called a food blog instead of a trip blog! I'll try to make it a trip blog but not sure how that will work out.
Tuesday 3 May: Restless sailed from Elliott Bay Marina to Seattle Yacht Club for Opening Day Festivities. I was accompanied by my classmate Steve Josephson. Steve will fly to Juneau mid June to sail home with me. We transited the Ballard Locks and ship canal without any problems and moored at the temporary dock at the Seattle Yacht Club. On Wednesday my classmate, Jim McIlvaine flew in and joined Steve and I. On Saturday, we competed in the category of Dress Sail for the parade of boats. We had Alice, Steve and Jim onboard with 14 Midshipmen from the University of Washington NROTC unit. For the third time in three years we took first place. On Monday, Steve, Jim, and I were joined another classmate Bill Proses and his wife, Cathy to transit the ship canal and Ballard Locks. Upon exiting the locks we proceeded to Edmonds to stage the boat for our trip north. On Monday night we had dinner at Arnies in Edmonds with northbound crew (Mike Morgan, JIm McIlvaine and I), southbound crew(Steve Josephson, Andrew Chan, and I) and Alice and Cathy. I won't give details of the dinner, but it was good. Steve left on Tuesday and Mike, Jim and I loaded the boat out for the trip. We finished about 5 pm had dinner with Alice and returned to the boat. At 5:30am this morning 10 May, we departed Edmonds for Friday Harbor. Upon arrival at 12:30 we refueled, and then moored at the SYC outstation. Mike is preparing dinner for tonight on board. We'll leave for Sidney, BC in the morning.
Comments
Vessel Name: RESTLESS
Vessel Make/Model: Beneteau 393
Hailing Port: SEATTLE
Crew: Mike Morgan and Jim McIlvaine
About: USNA Classmates and company mates
Extra: We will be cruising to Alaska this summer
RESTLESS's Photos - Main
Pictures from our trip to Alaska
8 Photos
Created 7 May 2014