The Revolution

I titled this blog "Revoution", because as I consume other sailing blogs it seems there is a constant battle raging with boat systems, weather and the general liveaboardl lifestyle. This is my story as I learn the ropes to sail into the sunset.

08 May 2011 | Marsh Harbor, Bahamas (Bahamas)
07 May 2011 | Spanish Wells, Bahamas (Bahamas)
05 May 2011 | Nassau, Bahamas (United States)
29 April 2011 | Key Biscayne, Florida (United States)
18 April 2011
11 April 2010 | Key Biscayne, Florida (United States)
10 April 2010 | Key Biscayne, Florida (United States)
14 March 2010 | Key Biscayne, Florida (United States)
11 March 2010 | Key Biscayne, Florida (United States)
10 March 2010 | Key Biscayne, Florida (United States)
09 March 2010 | Key Largo, Florida (United States)
08 March 2010 | Key Largo, Florida (United States)
07 March 2010 | Key Biscayne, Florida (United States)
06 March 2010 | Key Biscayne, Florida (United States)
08 January 2010 | Key Biscayne, Florida (United States)
29 December 2009 | Key Biscayne, Florida (United States)
30 November 2009 | Key Biscayne, Florida (United States)
18 November 2009 | Key Biscayne, Florida (United States)
17 November 2009 | Key Biscayne, Florida (United States)
16 November 2009 | Key Biscayne, Florida (United States)

Rickenbacker Marina to Pumpkin Key

08 March 2010 | Key Largo, Florida (United States)
Melissa
Clear, 70-75 F,  Wind Northwest at 10-15 kts, Seas 1-2 ft Clear, 70-75 F,  Wind Northwest at 10-15 kts, Seas 1-2 ft Clear, 70-75 F,  Wind Northwest at 10-15 kts, Seas 1-2 ft Clear, 70-75 F,  Wind Northwest at 10-15 kts, Seas 1-2 ft Clear, 70-75 F,  Wind Northwest at 10-15 kts, Seas 1-2 ft
Total Distance: 35 Miles Under Sail: 35
Average Speed: 5.83 kts
Conditions: Clear, 70-75 F, Wind Northwest at 10-15 kts, Seas 1-2 ft

Monday Pumpkin Key - The float plan for the this week was head down to Key Largo area. First stop was Pumpkin Key, a small island off of northern Key Largo on the bay side. Docklines were slipped at 10am for leisure sail down the ICW. The winds were a beam reach all the way down. Perfect winds. The weather has been a little cool getting up to the low 70's during the day and down to the low 60's at night. While not perfect wx for tans and swimming, good sailing weather nevertheless. The girls did get out on the deck for some sun and reading. When going through all the cuts through Card Sound the depth alarm was sounding it tune. At times less than a ½ of foot below the keel. We squeak through all the them. The mangroves were beautiful but lack the water fowl normally seen here. Not sure the season was here for bird watching. We found Pumpkin Key and anchored on the southwest side of the small island. There was about 5 other boats with us to enjoy the beautiful surrounding. Jenn and I launched the dinghy to explore the island only to find out it is a private island with nice houses on it. The new dinghy motor lift worked as advertise. The motor did spill the knot I put on it as I was lowering it. My bad, on a poor hitch. Lucky it landed in the dink and on Jenn's leg. No injury to report except my pride. We launch out into the dink and got about half way to the island when I noticed we didn't have any oars onboard. Talk about be up the creek without a paddle. We return post haste back to the boat to retrieve the oars. After the brief detour, we explored the island via the dink. I noticed one the boats at anchor here was another Hunter so a quick visit was in order. It was a charter boat out of Florida Yacht charters with two Germans on the boat. After a nice visit, we return to the boat in time for Sundowers! A glorious sunset and dinner was the order of the night. The early part of the evening the winds died down to nothing. The bay was smooth as glass. The stars reflect off the bay waters like a mirror. Very romantic. The nights entertainment was a dice game called gin rummy. Never played it before but the girls have. Somehow, Jenn won all the games. She was also the scorekeeper. Umm something sounds awfully fishy here. As Jenn said, ‽ A poor scorekeeper is one that doesn't win"!
Comments
Vessel Name: Rhapsody in Blue
Vessel Make/Model: Hunter 36 2006
Hailing Port: Key Biscayne, Fl
Crew: Melissa
About:
Capt Melissa- I started sailing in 1983 on my boat a Tanzar 22. She was a great boat and raced her when ever I could. When I got stationed to England I had to sell her and my sailing habit took a back burner for many years. When I rotated back to the states, the family and I settle in Tulsa, Ok. [...]
Extra:
The Mission. To seek out cruising knowledge for the next 5 years, so I can go boldly where no woman has gone before, 10 year circumnaviagte the univerise. Wrong show!!! I titled this blog "Revoution", because as I consume other sailing blogs it seems there is a constant battle raging with boat [...]

Crazy Woman Boat Driver

Who: Melissa
Port: Key Biscayne, Fl