Roaring Girl

The adventures of the yacht Roaring Girl wandering the seas.

12 August 2013 | Ipswich, England
17 July 2012
16 July 2012
10 July 2012
05 July 2012
03 July 2012
03 July 2012
03 July 2012
02 July 2012 | Shanghai (high up!)
02 July 2012 | Shanghai (high up!)
02 July 2012 | Shanghai (high up!)
02 July 2012
02 July 2012 | Shanghai
01 July 2012
01 July 2012 | Moganshan Lu, Shanghai

Cartagena harbour

28 July 2007 | North of Cabo de Gato
This is an excellent natural harbour. You can see in this picture, taken from the top of the Castillo, that you come round the first post breakwater, past the second starboard one, and then almost straight ahead to enter the marina. The only hazards are other vessels, including dinghies racing between the second breakwater and the marina.
When you come in through the breakwaters, call up the marina. They will have a marinera on hand to assist. If you are not bows/stern to on the pontoons, you end up alongside on the quay round the edge of the marina. This is not as secure, but more convenient for facilities and the town. (You can't quite see our pontoon; there is one more to the right of the photo.)
On the outer edge there is quite a bit of swell in a southerly and wash from the tourist boat. Snubbers or springs on the mooring lines make you and the boat more comfortable.
Prices are mid-range and include power and water. There is a large washing machine in the ablutions block. No wifi, but there are cyber cafes in town.

Comments
Vessel Name: Roaring Girl
Vessel Make/Model: Maxi 120
Hailing Port: Ipswich
Crew: Pip Harris and Sarah Tanburn
About: Captain Sarah and Chief Engineer/Mate Pip moved on board in 2003 and finally made the break in 2006. Roaring Girl, launched in 1977, has already been round the world once, and has a lot more seamiles than the two of us put together.
Extra: These pages aim to bring you our adventures as they happen, as well as Roaring Girl's sailing prowess. And to show off Pip's silverwork as well.

Who we are

Who: Pip Harris and Sarah Tanburn
Port: Ipswich