Roaring Girl

The adventures of the yacht Roaring Girl wandering the seas.

12 August 2013 | Ipswich, England
17 July 2012
16 July 2012
10 July 2012
05 July 2012
03 July 2012
03 July 2012
03 July 2012
02 July 2012 | Shanghai (high up!)
02 July 2012 | Shanghai (high up!)
02 July 2012 | Shanghai (high up!)
02 July 2012
02 July 2012 | Shanghai
01 July 2012
01 July 2012 | Moganshan Lu, Shanghai

And the lion!

01 February 2009 | London
She was followed by this lion - the two men jumped from pole to pole, stood on it's hind legs and performed amazing acrobatics for about 10 minutes.
We spent Xmas in Toulon, at home on Roaring Girl. We did take pix, but due to various lash-ups, haven't got them now. Mother Xmas abseiled off the town hall and distributed chocolates to the crowds watching tumblers and buskers around the Navigator's statue on the waterfront.
Much of the time, we have been based in London, with a long-running contract with one borough and several other pieces of work going on. This is keeping us shore-based far longer than usual, but it makes sense to earn the money while we can in these difficult times. Since last September, when we started work again, the job of a regeneration consultant has changed dramatically!
We expect to continue working to July, then take off for the west coast of Italy and associated islands. We won't get long, as Sarah has to have some medical treatment in October. So we'll get back to the UK, base ourselves in Ipswich and work through the duller months, but we're set on a March start to cruising in 2010.

Comments
Vessel Name: Roaring Girl
Vessel Make/Model: Maxi 120
Hailing Port: Ipswich
Crew: Pip Harris and Sarah Tanburn
About: Captain Sarah and Chief Engineer/Mate Pip moved on board in 2003 and finally made the break in 2006. Roaring Girl, launched in 1977, has already been round the world once, and has a lot more seamiles than the two of us put together.
Extra: These pages aim to bring you our adventures as they happen, as well as Roaring Girl's sailing prowess. And to show off Pip's silverwork as well.

Who we are

Who: Pip Harris and Sarah Tanburn
Port: Ipswich