Roaring Girl

The adventures of the yacht Roaring Girl wandering the seas.

12 August 2013 | Ipswich, England
17 July 2012
16 July 2012
10 July 2012
05 July 2012
03 July 2012
03 July 2012
03 July 2012
02 July 2012 | Shanghai (high up!)
02 July 2012 | Shanghai (high up!)
02 July 2012 | Shanghai (high up!)
02 July 2012
02 July 2012 | Shanghai
01 July 2012
01 July 2012 | Moganshan Lu, Shanghai

Blog upgrade

22 April 2010
Sometimes we have been asked for a map, so we've upgraded our blog and now one is included. If you look in the column to the right, you will see a map of the world. Click on that and it will show you where we are (or at least where we were last time we updated our lat and long! It's accurate today.
When you've opened the map, if you have the Google Earth plug-in on your computer, you will also get a satellite view of the location. (You will also get the offer of a button to download that plug-in, if you don't already have it. Your computer will appreciate you having broadband if you decide to do this.) If you look at the satellite pic, you will see a slider in one corner. If you move the slider up you can zoom in on our position. As so often, the picture is elderly: the one of the Porto di Roma, while useful for navigation shows empty sites where there are now thriving restaurants: don't expect to get a sneak view of Roaring Girl!
Our upgrade also means we can now do albums of our pictures. We've only done one so far, about the compass job. Again, look to the right of the main text and you'll see, below the thumbnail of the boat and above where it says 'send email', a new link saying 'photo gallery'. Click there and it opens up to give you access to albums of pictures, which will usually be attached to a specific post or topic.
And you can always leave us a comment at the end of each post, or send us an email.
Comments
Vessel Name: Roaring Girl
Vessel Make/Model: Maxi 120
Hailing Port: Ipswich
Crew: Pip Harris and Sarah Tanburn
About: Captain Sarah and Chief Engineer/Mate Pip moved on board in 2003 and finally made the break in 2006. Roaring Girl, launched in 1977, has already been round the world once, and has a lot more seamiles than the two of us put together.
Extra: These pages aim to bring you our adventures as they happen, as well as Roaring Girl's sailing prowess. And to show off Pip's silverwork as well.

Who we are

Who: Pip Harris and Sarah Tanburn
Port: Ipswich