Roaring Girl

The adventures of the yacht Roaring Girl wandering the seas.

12 August 2013 | Ipswich, England
17 July 2012
16 July 2012
10 July 2012
05 July 2012
03 July 2012
03 July 2012
03 July 2012
02 July 2012 | Shanghai (high up!)
02 July 2012 | Shanghai (high up!)
02 July 2012 | Shanghai (high up!)
02 July 2012
02 July 2012 | Shanghai
01 July 2012
01 July 2012 | Moganshan Lu, Shanghai

The three strong crew of Aquila

19 May 2010
We're mentioned Mike and Linda before, and indeed Lucy. It's been a delight to anchor-buddy with them and explore Elba. They've been great fun, always up for an adventure and so easy to be with. We've missed them since they headed off to Liguria to meet up with family, and we intend to be anchored together again in Corsica and Sardinia.
The gallery with this post is mostly a feast for Bichon-lovers! Lucy has been very good while we eat, snoozing gently on her cushion unless aroused to paroxyms of friendliness by the waiters or passers by. She is a full participant in the walks, keen to explore everything and get her nose into any passing mud. She had not seen sand before the beach at Biodola, and thought it the most exciting discovery ever. And, for a wee dog, she's kept up the pace really well, only needing to be carried after the fifth mile or so, and even then only if the hill gets really steep.
Aquila left on Sunday, hoiking up their anchor in the pouring rain. We were happy for them when it cleared away about half an hour later, giving a good day for their voyage towards Livorno - though they later told us there was little wind and a swell, so it wasn't much fun as a passage. We plan to head for Marciana Marina in a day or so, and then Corsica at the weekend, weather permitting.
Comments
Vessel Name: Roaring Girl
Vessel Make/Model: Maxi 120
Hailing Port: Ipswich
Crew: Pip Harris and Sarah Tanburn
About: Captain Sarah and Chief Engineer/Mate Pip moved on board in 2003 and finally made the break in 2006. Roaring Girl, launched in 1977, has already been round the world once, and has a lot more seamiles than the two of us put together.
Extra: These pages aim to bring you our adventures as they happen, as well as Roaring Girl's sailing prowess. And to show off Pip's silverwork as well.

Who we are

Who: Pip Harris and Sarah Tanburn
Port: Ipswich