Roaring Girl

The adventures of the yacht Roaring Girl wandering the seas.

12 August 2013 | Ipswich, England
17 July 2012
16 July 2012
10 July 2012
05 July 2012
03 July 2012
03 July 2012
03 July 2012
02 July 2012 | Shanghai (high up!)
02 July 2012 | Shanghai (high up!)
02 July 2012 | Shanghai (high up!)
02 July 2012
02 July 2012 | Shanghai
01 July 2012
01 July 2012 | Moganshan Lu, Shanghai

To the Festival

26 July 2008 | Nice
You always find things easier the second time round. If you ever go to Nice Jazz Festival, especially to see the big names, then take heed of the following. The 20 bus route from the Port goes directly to the Jardins Cimiez. It takes about half an hour and costs one euro. The gates open at 1800 (or maybe a bit later, but it's on your ticket). Be there a bit before that to be amongst the very first into the gardens. Go straight to the Arene Jardin (the biggest stage and stake a place as near to the stage as you want to be. One of you goes to the little caf� set up by the Arene Matisse and pinches as many chairs as you need. (Or carry folding chairs with you, but they're rarely as good a view.) Keep one of you always on station to protect space, chairs, picnic or whatever. Wait three hours.
It works. And it's why we only heard English and American voices for Leonard Cohen: the French fans already knew all this and were sitting comfortably at the front.
Comments
Vessel Name: Roaring Girl
Vessel Make/Model: Maxi 120
Hailing Port: Ipswich
Crew: Pip Harris and Sarah Tanburn
About: Captain Sarah and Chief Engineer/Mate Pip moved on board in 2003 and finally made the break in 2006. Roaring Girl, launched in 1977, has already been round the world once, and has a lot more seamiles than the two of us put together.
Extra: These pages aim to bring you our adventures as they happen, as well as Roaring Girl's sailing prowess. And to show off Pip's silverwork as well.

Who we are

Who: Pip Harris and Sarah Tanburn
Port: Ipswich