Robinson Tour of the Caribbean

06 August 2010 | Eagle Lake , Haliburton, Ontario
05 August 2010 | Firepit with my sister
04 August 2010 | Eagle Lake, Haliburton, Ontario
01 August 2010 | Etobicoke Yacht Club
28 July 2010 | Lock 20, Erie Canal
27 July 2010 | Castleton Boat Club , Hudson River
18 July 2010 | NYC, NY
19 June 2010 | St. Augustine, FL
10 February 2010 | Georgetown, Exumas, Bahamas
19 January 2010 | Georgetown, Bahamas
14 January 2010 | Georgetown, Bahamas
10 January 2010 | Volleyball Beach, Georgetown, Bahamas
09 January 2010 | Georgetown, Bahamas
09 January 2010 | Georgetown, Bahamas
09 January 2010 | Staniel Cay
09 January 2010 | Walderick Wells
09 January 2010 | Normans Cay, Bahamas
09 January 2010 | Allan Cay , Bahamas
02 January 2010 | Rose Island
26 December 2009

The Great Georgetown Boat Community

09 January 2010 | Georgetown, Bahamas
Satya
January 4, 2010 a nice leisurely wake up to Dylan bringing me coffee in bed with a shot of Jacks(Baileys)mmm... what an absolute angel you are Dylan. I am so... blessed to have you in my life. Love you! 758am and all eyes were on our VHF radio anticipating the morning community announcements.

Yes! Yogaloties at 830am and amazing a sprouting workshop at 1000am . I took a a deep breath in and enjoyed the thought of being with souls of similar interest and passions . Yoga and sprouts what a great to way to start a one month visit in this place that many sailors consider to be the winter home for up to 4 months of the year. Yogaloties was amazing on the beach with about 20 other keeners and I was in heaven! It is so nice to have someone guide the class.
Sprouting workshop held by Jan and Dave on Siggy Dancer from Toronto was amazing. She showed a few books , one of which is called " Sea Sick " and talks about how if the ocean dies we all die, if the land dies the ocean can still survive, so ... take care of the sea!
Eating a raw food diet eliminates the need for garbage dumped in the ocean from processed and refridgerated foods. Why eat something dead that is cooked over 105 F or processed in any way when you can eat any bean or seed that has been soaked and sprouted to a bring it alive. I was in heaven! I gobbled up everything she said , tasted some yummy dehydrated treats and flax crackers. I also ordered fresh local vegetables and fruit from them that come in fresh from Andros Island , Bahamas.
We moved the boat and settled in on our mooring ball at St.Francis Marina with plans to be there for a month.
Moving the boat was an adventure. To start I was at the wheel, and the rest of the family (5) plus Pete who was in the hole or lagoon and was going to guide me in from the bow of our boat. I had called into the marina and was told to stay close to the rock island and that I should be fine because even at low tide it is 5ft 4 inch and we draw 5ft. Well... not so... there is a dredged passage about 20ft wide(our beam or width of our boat is 13ft 10 in) between the rock island and a .7 meter shoal at low tide which was about 4 ft at high tide when we were going through. I saw the shoal on the chart , but trusted the marina and Pete and whoops we hit the shoal.
Well... let me tell you it was unbelievable to see the community of boaters jump into action. Within 30 seconds Pete was in his dinghy headed for the bow along with 2 other dinghies that appeared out of nowhere to push the bow and swing it around. All my efforts to move us in reverse failed . The marina owners son was to us within 1 minute with a 250hp boat to help too! Time was of the essence with the tide going down. All the dinghies pushed the bow together and I gave it a lot of juice and we slid slowly off to retreat to deeper water for a second attempt. The marina boat stayed close beside us and Pete drove the dinghy ahead of me as I followed right behind him safely to our mooring. It was so reassuring to see community just come together , so comforting , and we were hugely thankful.

Knowing how much water we need with a big family, Pete collected all the water containers from neighboring boats to bring them to us so we could do one run across the windy wavy water to get water. Pete has been soo... thoughtful and caring Thank you dearest Pete!
Comments
Vessel Name: Brydyl Ankar
Vessel Make/Model: Catalina 42
Hailing Port: Etobicke Yacht Club, Toronto, Ontario
Crew: Phil, Satya, Bryn, Karl, Dylan, Chantelle

Who: Phil, Satya, Bryn, Karl, Dylan, Chantelle
Port: Etobicke Yacht Club, Toronto, Ontario
Robinson Adventure 2009 Pics