Rowena

Vessel Name: Rowena
Vessel Make/Model: Formosa Yankee clipper 41'
Hailing Port: Portland, Oregon
Crew: Ray McCracken and Alicia Watkins
About: After acquiring the boat last December we have been working steadily at restoring and preparing her for our voyage south and beyond!
Extra: Rowena was a Top Sail Square Rig Ketch, set up by her former owner Captain William Larson (original captain of the Lady Washington).
10 November 2017
19 November 2015 | North Portland Harbor
11 November 2013 | Portland OR
04 November 2013 | Portland OR
24 October 2013 | Mcquire Point, Columbia River
20 October 2013 | East Dock, Government Island
Recent Blog Posts
10 November 2017

Let’s do this

Recently we have had several friends who have left on great adventures and we have been reading sailblogs.

19 November 2015 | North Portland Harbor

Update

Although we started with good intentions, it's been awhile since we have posted. Do not fear our loyal followers... are their any? :P We are still moving toward our goals of sailing the boat to the South Pacific!

11 November 2013 | Portland OR

Propane Vain

One of the many amazing features of our particular boat is that back couch. Along the stern of the boat is a couch spanning the full width of the boat. When I look at it all I see is potential.

04 November 2013 | Portland OR

Current Events

With the cold rainy weather upon us Ray has upped the productivity. In the last two weeks this boat has really become a home. Below is a list of what we've done:

24 October 2013 | Mcquire Point, Columbia River

And we're stuck!

On a high from our fabulous weekend with SIYC we had a few problems....

20 October 2013 | East Dock, Government Island

SIYC Halloween Cruise

Great weekend with new friends of Sauvie Island Yacht Club. 16 Boats arrived, most of which have seen extensive cruising... inspiring us! The theme was Halloween and Alicia was extremely excited to dress us both up for the event. We carved pumpkins and donned our best 'homemade' pirate attire, arrrr.. we were ready to party! The spread what long distinguished, including a meatloaf foot with beacon bandage and onion toe nails. Overall an amazing weekend with wonderful folks. We look forward to more events with the SIYC.

Let’s do this

10 November 2017
Recently we have had several friends who have left on great adventures and we have been reading sailblogs.
Things seem to always make a full circle and I thought now would be a good time to start things up again and start posting.
In the last few years since our last post we have been working on the boat and have crossed most of the items off the list, I’m not sure if the list ever ends but it seems to continue with things I never thought of, needless to say the boat is looking great.

'
Comments

About & Links