Notable Notations

Who: Darrell, Nicki, Curtis, Marcus and Porthos
Port: Alameda, CA
26 August 2013 | San Francisco
01 May 2013 | Point Sur, California
27 April 2013 | Coast of California
24 April 2013 | US Border
24 April 2013 | Ensenada, Baja, MX
19 April 2013 | Turtle Bay, Baja, MX
13 April 2013 | Off the coast, Baja, MX
11 April 2013 | Bahia San Juanico, Baja, MX
08 April 2013 | Bahia Santa Maria, Baja, MX
05 April 2013 | Bahia Santa Maria, Baja, MX
29 March 2013 | Cabo San Lucas, Baja, MX
29 March 2013 | Cabo San Lucas, Baja, MX
26 March 2013
26 March 2013 | Paradise Village, Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
22 March 2013 | La Cruz Anchorage
19 March 2013 | Tenacatit, Jal, MX
19 March 2013 | Tenacatit, Jal, MX
15 March 2013 | Barra de Navidad, Jal, MX
10 March 2013 | Santiago Bay, Jal, MX
06 March 2013 | Manzanillo, Colima, MX

Barra for a dock break!

15 March 2013 | Barra de Navidad, Jal, MX
Darrell
So we left Santiago Bay with Sweet Dreams for Barra. It was a motor sail the whole way and the only consolation was a 22 inch Bonito. We anchored in the lagoon and called a Panga to take us in for laundry and some provisions. After that it was a pretty quiet night.

The next morning we decided to pull into the marina. This is the first dock Rubber Duckies has seen since the end of November. It was nice to be able to have hot water on demand and not worry about battery state before sundown. I messed up my knee pretty bad and it was getting worse but I just had to pressure wash the boat and the dock line, 30 days alone in Las Hadas had pretty well done both in. Marcus was also up to going to the resort and playing in the pool (hot tub really, the pool was too cold for him). Sweet Dreams came in as well so we invited them over for Sashimi and Tempura vegetables (another bonus for shore power).

Thursday was low key. We prepped the boat for another transit and finished some clean-up chores. Sweet Dreams left for Tenacatita around 2pm, so the boys insisted we have a 'date night' so they could play on computers and whatever... We decided to check out the resort establishments and walk around. What a fantastic facility, we have used the pool on many occasions but never anything else. The lobby is on the 7th floor and overlooks the bay as well as downtown Barra, its a breath taking view. The lounge is there as well, which is where we ran into the couple that plays music in the lounge. Unfortunately I cannot recall their names, but they where very nice and invited us to dinner with them. We first met them at Echauri when Marcus was admitted and they asked us to look them up if we got back to Barra, so there we where. It was nice to catch up and find out more about them. After dinner we headed to the lounge to hear them play, it reminded me of our dear friends Jim and Jannette of VYC, and had a nice evening all around.

Now it's off to Tenacatita, where this whole mini-adventure started.

Darrell KJ6WER posted via HAM Radio
Comments
Vessel Name: Rubber Duckies
Vessel Make/Model: Coronado 45
Hailing Port: Alameda, CA
Crew: Darrell, Nicki, Curtis, Marcus and Porthos
About:
Darrell and Nicki both took ASA classes at Tradewinds Sailing School in Richmond, California. After learning the ropes on various charter boats they purchased thier first beater boat, a Coronado 30, in 2002 and joined the Vallejo Yacht Club. [...]
Extra: A boat in a slip is a sad thing. A boat that never leaves the slip is unnatural.

Notable Notations

Who: Darrell, Nicki, Curtis, Marcus and Porthos
Port: Alameda, CA