Notable Notations

Who: Darrell, Nicki, Curtis, Marcus and Porthos
Port: Alameda, CA
26 August 2013 | San Francisco
01 May 2013 | Point Sur, California
27 April 2013 | Coast of California
24 April 2013 | US Border
24 April 2013 | Ensenada, Baja, MX
19 April 2013 | Turtle Bay, Baja, MX
13 April 2013 | Off the coast, Baja, MX
11 April 2013 | Bahia San Juanico, Baja, MX
08 April 2013 | Bahia Santa Maria, Baja, MX
05 April 2013 | Bahia Santa Maria, Baja, MX
29 March 2013 | Cabo San Lucas, Baja, MX
29 March 2013 | Cabo San Lucas, Baja, MX
26 March 2013
26 March 2013 | Paradise Village, Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
22 March 2013 | La Cruz Anchorage
19 March 2013 | Tenacatit, Jal, MX
19 March 2013 | Tenacatit, Jal, MX
15 March 2013 | Barra de Navidad, Jal, MX
10 March 2013 | Santiago Bay, Jal, MX
06 March 2013 | Manzanillo, Colima, MX

Northward ho! (or really due West)

13 April 2013 | Off the coast, Baja, MX
Darrell
It was a brisk and damp morning that met the crew way too early. We had the anchor up before the sun and managed to get underway. Our destination is Turtle Bay, if we can make there by 12 on Sunday we may be able to get fuel and water for a Monday departure. Probably not.

Yesterday, well really the both days we where there, we discovered the true hospitality of the residents of San Juanico. As we walked around town everyone waved, we had a few people stop and chat with us. Several mentioned the boat and it's unusual graphics. Our saving grace was Armando, a local Langostin fisherman who noticed Nicki and I dinghy in with 3 garaphons (5 gallon water jugs) and 4 jerry cans. He met us at the beach and offered to run us around town. We where eternally grateful as he drove us uphill to the water plant, and then to his home to fill the jerry's. He showed us around his property and was proud of the new Matrimonial addition he was building. We never figured out if it was for him or one of his 4 sons. His youngest son, Giuero, helped us get the water back to the dinghy and then they where off.

Curtis and I set off to get the water back to the boat. We then headed off the Farmers Market. It was small, but imaging our surprise when we found Farmers and Ranchers instead of the usual Flea Market/Bizzar crowd. The fruits and vegetables where outstanding and Nicki picked up some Lamb for Lamb Curry tomorrow in Turtle Bay. The boys took the food back while Nicki and I walked the hillside and looked at the really cool houses on the 'upper side'. It is not a Las Hadas/Santiago neighborhood, but there are some really neat houses here. I can understand the draw to this town if you can handle the isolation from city comforts. The whole crew is happy of the routing change, we really enjoyed our stint and Bahia San Juanico and look forward to coming back in few years. Today is looking good, the wind is off the nose. We are able to deviate slightly and motor sail picking up a knot or 2.

If things don't change we are hoping to pull out of Turtle Bay Monday or Tuesday and stop over half way to Ensenada. I wish we could read the blog and FaceBook posts as I am sure someone will have a good recommendation as we have received before. Well other than bitter cold temps, the sun is out and seas are calm so we are just Ducky!

Cheers,
Comments
Vessel Name: Rubber Duckies
Vessel Make/Model: Coronado 45
Hailing Port: Alameda, CA
Crew: Darrell, Nicki, Curtis, Marcus and Porthos
About:
Darrell and Nicki both took ASA classes at Tradewinds Sailing School in Richmond, California. After learning the ropes on various charter boats they purchased thier first beater boat, a Coronado 30, in 2002 and joined the Vallejo Yacht Club. [...]
Extra: A boat in a slip is a sad thing. A boat that never leaves the slip is unnatural.

Notable Notations

Who: Darrell, Nicki, Curtis, Marcus and Porthos
Port: Alameda, CA